Quantcast

Random idiocy...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So I took out my Altitude 70 today for some wald cruising and to go buy Flogging Molly tickets. I get up the monster hill by my house, thing is creaking all the time. I just had it pulled apart and went through almost everything...cleaning, greasing, torqueing etc. R hand pedal seems to be creaking like my Aunt Ednas arthritic hip...I look at it, seems fine. I think didn't do anything to it, prolly dry grease, need to overhaul later. Gets worse, I stop a mile later, reach down and wiggle the spindle and find the damn crank about to come off in my hand. Guess who didnt tighten quite everything? Yeah...me. Dumas, 1 ea. So I look in bag for multi tool, and have none. Guess who forgot to put a multi tool bck in his Camel back? Yeah...me. Dumas, 1 ea.
Luckily its all downhill home, so I shred a few leaves down to the house and tighten her down and head out again.

Didnt get the damn tickets though, gotta go online for them...stupid German banks...

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I loosened the lug nuts on my car wheels to check the brakes, got distracted and neglected to tighten one side back down. Drove to work for two days wondering why my rear end was clunking.

YOUR MOVE.

legalize

Chimp
May 15, 2012
NYC
I loosened the lug nuts on my car wheels to check the brakes, got distracted and neglected to tighten one side back down. Drove to work for two days wondering why my rear end was clunking.

YOUR MOVE.
Drove with one front wheel loose for a week. Lucky the bolts didn't snap... This was thanks to a shop though, not my own doing. Cost $115 to fix at the dealer (thought suspension component was shot so brought in for warranty. Loose lug nuts aren't covered by warranty :rofl:).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

YOUR MOVE.
in my youth....

changed the oil in my 510 station wagon before going to see the meat puppets/henry rollins...

drive 45 minutes to the mall to get tickets at ticketmaster for said show....park....smoke coming from under the hood.

pop hood....forgot to put oil cap on.

get tickets...get oil...top off....put cap on...leave.

get to DC....see meat puppets wandering around DC near the club...park....meet friends at show....see henry play...see the meat puppets play....minds blown at show....

driving home...engine blows...end up getting ride back with friends...6 people in a CRX.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So I took out my Altitude 70 today for some wald cruising and to go buy Flogging Molly tickets. I get up the monster hill by my house, thing is creaking all the time. I just had it pulled apart and went through almost everything...cleaning, greasing, torqueing etc. R hand pedal seems to be creaking like my Aunt Ednas arthritic hip...I look at it, seems fine. I think didn't do anything to it, prolly dry grease, need to overhaul later. Gets worse, I stop a mile later, reach down and wiggle the spindle and find the damn crank about to come off in my hand. Guess who didnt tighten quite everything? Yeah...me. Dumas, 1 ea. So I look in bag for multi tool, and have none. Guess who forgot to put a multi tool bck in his Camel back? Yeah...me. Dumas, 1 ea.
Luckily its all downhill home, so I shred a few leaves down to the house and tighten her down and head out again.

Didnt get the damn tickets though, gotta go online for them...stupid German banks...
Man.....I do sh*t like that ALL THE TIME at work. :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I found a wasps nest in the tree in my backyard. I took the tree trimmer and cut it down. It fell into my neighbors yard. I put a garbage can over it. I saw no wasps coming out of it.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
... to go buy Flogging Molly tickets.
Flogging Molly shows are always a good time. The electric guitarist is from Rochester so when ever they play here they almost always sell out the venue. Once they even put on an impromtu acoustic show at one of the bars he used to frequent.