Quantcast

Random My AS$ - it's starting already!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
From cyclingnews.com:

As defending Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong was relaxing Friday afternoon in his hotel room in Nantes before the 2005 Tour team presentation in Challans later on Friday evening, he was summoned to a surprise out of competition anti-doping test conducted by the French Ministry of Youth and Sport at 3:30. Although the test was deemed "random", Armstrong appeared to be the only Tour de France rider tested by the French government Friday. The test likely came as surprise to Armstrong, as he and all the other riders at the Tour had their blood tests performed yesterday. Armstrong is considered as perhaps the most tested athlete in any sport and sources later confirmed to Cyclingnews that today's test was the American's sixth out of competition test so far in 2005.

Cyclingnews was at the Discovery Channel team hotel Friday afternoon for tech coverage of Armstrong's time trial bike when suddenly, Armstrong appeared up amidst the team tech area. We thought he might be there to check out his TT bike set up, but in reality, he was performing a surprise out of competition anti-doping test conducted by the French Ministry of Sport and Youth. The French government sent two functionaries, one a medical doctor and they were accompanied by two UCI representatives. A stone faced Armstrong went into the team bus with the four medical control officials and emerged almost an hour later after blood and urine samples were taken on the spot.

Two of Armstrong's blood samples were checked in the team bus, while two others were retained by the French officials, perhaps to be sent for further testing by Dr. Jacques de Ceaurriz, chief of the French national anti-doping lab in Châtenay-Malabry. Once the surprise tests were over, Armstrong showed no emotion and greeted some friends who had come to see him, joking and taking some pictures before returning to his team hotel. No word whether the French Ministry of Sport and Youth plans a series of surprise out of competition anti-doping initiatives during the Tour that target other race favourites, but today Armstrong was the random choice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wonder how many over zelous cyclists have gotten their hemocrits too high and ended up have blood drawn to get things under control?

Maybe that is why Tyler always crashed so much.;)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Yeah, as an admitted Lance skeptic I think this is becoming a bit over the top. Sh*t 6 in a row even convinced me that he is on the level. Well as level as pro cycling can be anyway. He is a freak and even if he is on the elephant juice then all the others are as well and he's still the best regardless. I'm gonna be barracking for him this year for the first time cos for f*cks sake you frogs if you haven't worked out how to beat him at this stage you're not gonna. Go Lance.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I'm gonna be barracking for him this year for the first time cos for f*cks sake you frogs if you haven't worked out how to beat him at this stage you're not gonna. Go Lance.

Nice!!!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Do they just not get it?????? Can you imagine how pissed he is right now? And when he gets pissed, people get a hurting put on them.

I'll tick off any Euros running around in here especially the french but the following is about as real as it gets....

from Dan Coyle from an interview about his new Lance book, Lance Armstrong's War.

For Armstrong, as for most Americans, fate is a challenge to be overcome, destiny to be forged. Europeans, on the other hand, seem to take a longer view, seeing nobility in the graceful acceptance of fate.

When Ullrich comes in second or fourth he says, "Oh well, I tried everything and lost. That's life." Armstrong would never accept that. A typical gesture of Europeans is the shrug - a gesture signifying that things are what they are and there is nothing to be done about it. Americans don't shrug. Lance definitely does not shrug.
They just don't get it and putting it into this perspective they never will. I guess learning the outcome of throwing rocks at the big dog on the porch is beyond them.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Ullrich in accident on training run but will be fit for Tour

CHALLANS, France (AP) — Jan Ullrich's bid to upstage six-time champion Lance Armstrong at the Tour de France got off to a bad start Friday when he crashed into a team car during training.
The 1997 Tour winner was training with his T-Mobile team when he failed to spot a warning to brake and slammed into the car's back window.

He sustained minor cuts and scratches to his neck, but will be OK to start Saturday's 11.8-mile time trial from Fromentine to Noirmoutier-en-l'Ile.

"He did not see the special sign we make when the car has to brake," T-Mobile press officer Luuc Eisenga said by telephone. "The window is smashed. But it's nothing serious. He'll be OK to start the race."

Ullrich has finished runner-up five times at the Tour — three times to Armstrong.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Wumpus said:
"He did not see the special sign we make when the car has to brake," T-Mobile press officer Luuc Eisenga said by telephone.
Did brake lights not work or something?

I hope this doesn't affect his Tour at all, that would suck.