Quantcast

Random new bike thread

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
high stack height sizes is also nice
Sportif geometry?

Absolutely crucial now higher rise bars, stems and/or Ahead spacers have been outlawed, eh? :clapping:

"nice" probably wouldn't be the first adjective I'd use to describe those Headtubes and probably even less so the taller they get.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
They're well above average in length. thanks.

[edit] just looked at the Affy 170 geo chart. 125mm headtube isn't exactly groundbreakingly long... and just 5mm longer than my Giga so I wouldn't get too excited over the "marketing"

Last edited:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
what are you babbling about again? why is it negative for you that you can choose stack and reach independently? why is everything always negative for you? is this why you live where the sun never shines and it always rains?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
why is it negative for you that you can choose stack and reach independently?
It's not. But I didn't see anything pertaining to that at all in the PB link. just 12 sizes. with 3 headtube lengths increasing every 4 sizes just as you'd expect really.
Or do you mean the custom option? Because if you do that's kinda the whole point in any custom geo frame. And absolutely I've no issue with that in the slightest. Especially for outliers like yourself

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
View attachment 209266

I'd be so tempted to close those up somehow
Yeah, dirt can get in there and they just doesn't work very well. That's why I ride flat pedals.

But seriously, you need those chain stay compartments so Huntsman spiders can lay eggs in there.

Also, if some people thought the head tube anesthetics on the Revved GGs was wonky, then I'm assuming they'll be freaking out about this one.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
The effect of the extended head tube and bb shock cradle area makes the down tube (and therefore the bike) look shorter and steeper than it is. Something about the rear triangle is compounding this effect.

Combined with the thick, straight alu tubes the whole thing has a decidedly 2000’s feel.

price point seems pretty good for a semi custom, made in the U.K. bike.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009

There isn’t a “new parts” thread, so dropping it here. if you don’t love the steep SA on the new crop of bikes this’ll slacken things off, and extend reach. Got to be a pretty small audience for this.

I hope someone pairs it with a SwitchBack Aenomaly as well for the weirdest seat post ever

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

There isn’t a “new parts” thread, so dropping it here. if you don’t love the steep SA on the new crop of bikes this’ll slacken things off, and extend reach. Got to be a pretty small audience for this.

I hope someone pairs it with a SwitchBack Aenomaly as well for the weirdest seat post ever

Not a terrible idea if you ask me, although it would be a lot nicer if it was OE from a post manufacturer. All my bikes with a 76+ SA I have ended up sliding the saddle all the way back on the rails so I don't feel cramped, and that is with a 50mm stem.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I definitely get the appeal - especially with how steep STAs are getting, but steep seat tubes are normally paired with long top tubes.

the ability to run it in either direction is novel, there are a few bikes (looking at you Evil) where a backwards dropper has been the solution to the overly slack STA.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I definitely get the appeal - especially with how steep STAs are getting, but steep seat tubes are normally paired with long top tubes.

the ability to run it in either direction is novel, there are a few bikes (looking at you Evil) where a backwards dropper has been the solution to the overly slack STA.
Well damn, turns out we all didn't need to buy new bikes in the first place...

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I will would like to see how it performs against a 35mm Boxxer which, for a meager 200g more, offers a well regarded but often deserted 20mm axle, has a more adequate 200mm brake tabs (who runs 180mm rotors on a bike with 180-190mm of travel? Sure, an adapter will do the job just fine)

The air spring on the Belva with one negative coil to fit everyone got my inner grumpy old man going. Let see how that goes... I like the idea of negative coil if the coil is long enough and has a proper rate. With only one moving seal and the possibility to adjust progression it ticks a lot of boxes.

Is the Belva / Selva wider between the stanchion than the boxxer?
Just to reassure people who like to make tight turns at slow speed!

Glad to see dual crowns making their way towards enduro and ebikes!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
its a pm6 mount, same as selva, therefore also possible to use the 20mm lowers
Yeah I went out a grabbed a 7-8" PM to PM today for my Selva, it did not work, oops.
Six inch post mount on an enduro fork, is it 1963?
Anyone in Australia wanna buy a Selva S?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Boooo, I'm a bogan, pretty much anything around 5% booze with no fruit flavour is fine by me.
Cooper's Sparkling is as fancy as I get, even it tastes like it's got a dash of vase water in it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Boooo, I'm a bogan, pretty much anything around 5% booze with no fruit flavour is fine by me.
Cooper's Sparkling is as fancy as I get, even it tastes like it's got a dash of vase water in it.
I'm not at all above a basic pale lager but you need to love yourself a little more than XXXX gold

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I'm not that fancy hey, any beer is better than no beer even if I do have preferred stuff. Don't mind Coopers Pale actually.

Actually that reminds me I need to go shopping before the long weekend.