Quantcast

Random new bike thread

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like that window will make setting up and servicing the rear shock a little easier. Its a bit of a guessing game as its all hidden in there on current frames. Shock bolts look a little easier to remove/access as well.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
If you can get past the jealousy of seeing Bernard Kerr’s warehouse full of motos, cars and toys, this is a nice look at the Pivot DH bike

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I don’t have the bandwidth here to watch that. Which is probably good.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Luckily that trunnion mount looks pretty resistant to sideload. I would think it's fine this way.
As long as it's welded in straight.
I wonder what the reason for using it on this frame was? Can't be lack of room unless they wanted that exact leverage ratio.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Haha, you know what made me say no?
Centrelock.
I could deal with the rest of that weirndess.
Something doesnt add up. With those seemingly light hubs, 24 and 28 spokes (wtf, 24?), trail bike wheels over 1500g means relatively heavy rims. Not crazy heavy, but for that weight they better not be expensive.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Something doesnt add up. With those seemingly light hubs, 24 and 28 spokes (wtf, 24?), trail bike wheels over 1500g means relatively heavy rims. Not crazy heavy, but for that weight they better not be expensive.
I would have guessed that they have a pretty good warranty, so they are built stronger for less failures.

But I can't find any mention of warranty of their website.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I've been begging my frame building homie to build up something alot like this - less travel though.

View attachment 218438
I'm not sure if this guy is still around, but I recall him posting here pre COVID:

Last edited:

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Bos suspension is launching a bunch of new products. The article is in French and hopefully your browser will be able to translate it.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Bos suspension is launching a bunch of new products. The article is in French and hopefully your browser will be able to translate it.
i haven‘t even found reviews for the last products. Who buys these and why are they not talking about them?