Quantcast

Random new bike thread

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
not really what I meant- I'm wondering if the seatpost angle contributed to the pedaling position that you didn't like on the Evil.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I have rode an offering a couple times now and that feels much better...I need a more 'bike parkable' bike though and the capra 29 seems like a perfect fit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
with the right build i'm sure a GG smash is bike parkable. other options that aren't dentist price: commencal, canyon
He owns a porsche and a carbon fat bike with xtr bits (I could be flat out lying here, couldn't find the garage picture :D ). Dentist pricing seems right up his alley. :busted:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
So no new Canfields, but leftover Balances the 4th gen Balance, built with selected parts is here:

Gotta say the STA looks bad, but I've always been a sucker for Canfield bikes (and short chainstays). Pretty nice deals too:

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So no new Canfields, but leftover Balances the 4th gen Balance, built with selected parts is here:

Gotta say the STA looks bad, but I've always been a sucker for Canfield bikes. Pretty nice deals too:

The effective STA will be fine for its intended purpose, these aren't XC toys on steroids anyway.
I wish Canfield the best of luck, too bad the Phoenix name is taken, would be a great name for their new model.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Good lord, THE END IS NEAR!!!

For normal bikes, you can pay extra for their CC lighter carbon.

Will they pull a Porsche move, where you then pay for a more durable CCC version (because e-bikes apparently need more beefed up stuff), which is actually just their normal C carbon layout? Pay moar for less! Wooooo.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Well I really want to ride a 29 this summer and see what all that is about from a gravity perspective. The only thing I didn't like on the evil was the pedaling position. Love the brand, and love the suspension, would buy another in a second...
Depending on your height, it could be a good bike.
Just keep in mind that the bike isn't too roomy, has an old school seat tube length and a very progressive suspension layout that might be better used with a coil shock. nsmb.com had a good review on it, although not very relevant for people below 190cm or 6ft 3.

spes

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
That Intense prototype looks like it is shorter and it has steeper headangle than M29