Quantcast

Random new bike thread

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
From the picture, I guess and hope that there is a sort of hydraulic bottom out device from a shaft (just below the complete assembly on the picture) sliding in a tube with an adjustable aperture by the knob placed at the bottom of the assembly.
Looks like Vorsprung may have a coil conversion on the way

I think @FarkinRyan is who you want to be pagin...

or have a look on their farcebook site. they seem to be pretty active there.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I know that look is everything but if someone needs opinions about how bikes look, there are many other forums like PB and MTBR... :panic:

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Any chance of running it without HBO? Never was in need of it on my Van 36 with the upgrade inverted RC2.
It's adjustable, so you could always run it with the adjuster full open and get very little effect from the bottom out system. TFTuned already have a straight spring-only conversion without any kind of bottom out control if that's what you're after.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Last edited:

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
TFTuned already have a straight spring-only conversion without any kind of bottom out control if that's what you're after.
For the 36? Are you sure? I can't find it on their website. All I can find is the Pike coil conversion kit and the PUSH 36 ACS3.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I wonder if X-Fusion Vengeance coil bits could be used in the 36? Could be a shitload cheaper.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
For the 36? Are you sure? I can't find it on their website. All I can find is the Pike coil conversion kit and the PUSH 36 ACS3.
Yeah sorry, pretty sure they are Pike only.

@HardtailHack there are likely a number of ways you could pull of a home coil conversion using some off the shelf parts and some you made or sourced yourself from other places. There are parts from current coil boxxers and old coil Lyriks that could theoretically be used as the basis for a similar DIY conversion on a Pike/Lyrik chassis, but despite some of the parts clipping straight in you would still need to do a fair bit of legwork to end up with a working fork.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
When you just can't bring yourself to use two short links because you need to be different... here it is undisguised:

The reach wars continue. A full 2cm longer in each size than my current Nomad.

Not a huge fan of the big carbon plane above the lower link.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yup, even in the totally impromptu spy shots. So here is the BB section in all its glory:
and i thought the BB area on my nomad looked awkward . . . that looks prime for extra added bonus smashing into rox . . . if only there was a way to make more room above the bb in the seat tube area . . . hmmmm

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
and i thought the BB area on my nomad looked awkward . . . that looks prime for extra added bonus smashing into rox . . . if only there was a way to make more room above the bb in the seat tube area . . . hmmmm
235761_1242292547285_full.jpg

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
So room for a fucking water bottle trumps rocks clearance in their wishlist. Awesome how much crap we still carry on from the days of separation from road biking.