Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
yo dawg, we put a stem on your stem

They won't let me buy it. I tried to add it to my cart but
Screenshot_20220331-172706_Chrome.jpg

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
swingarm mounted idler is... interesting? trying to visualize what the A/S & P/K behavior would be like.
Nothing outrageous on the anti-squat or pedal kickback. The LR is horrible regressive, but the rest is just going to feel like a regular singlepivot.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Oscar built it for Sea Slaughter. He's been wanting to do it for a while. It looks pretty cool (for an ebike).

I've been asking for a squishy steel concentric pivot SS frame for years and this is a step in that direction. That's what I'm stoked on.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Nothing outrageous on the anti-squat or pedal kickback. The LR is horrible regressive, but the rest is just going to feel like a regular singlepivot.
What would those curves look like? I would think it is out of the norm on the AS and PK. The idler is on the rear end so is that under the I-track patent? It looks like you could run the chain without the idler as well.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
What would those curves look like? I would think it is out of the norm on the AS and PK. The idler is on the rear end so is that under the I-track patent? It looks like you could run the chain without the idler as well.
Maybe I'm not picturing this right but it looks like the idler position would make for all kinds of kickback and weirdness surely.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
Yes with the idler on the swingarm it would fall under the I-track patent.

I didn't save the file I quickly drew up in Linkage, but it's uh just a regular single pivot for AS and PK.

Adding the Idler increases the AS about 20% and gives it more progressive slope so it looks more like a Horst (regular singlepivot is pretty linear). The idler increases the PK just a touch, not enough to be noticeable.

The LR is ugly.

I really don't see the point of the idler, other than say trolling the high pivot hype.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009

I still love orange bikes. Maybe it's the "guy in a shed" aesthetic, or the pivot point being in what I think is the ideal location, or the british racing green, but I love it. The addition of a shock linkage and lowering the COG just makes it better.
That thing is a facepalm.

Old single pivot has no bottom out support...this new linkage version goooood luck using that last 30mm of travel. So much ramp at the end of LR. Why? To keep it looking like an Orange?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
there was a time i used to think the old 222 was cool (with it's chunky industrial aesthetic). i remember seeing peatty & the global crew @ the grouse WCDH, and figured there was something special going on with that bike as that crew was shredding. though my SC super-8 was fairly not great (even for the time), so the appeal wasn't logical by any means.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

I still love orange bikes. Maybe it's the "guy in a shed" aesthetic, or the pivot point being in what I think is the ideal location, or the british racing green, but I love it. The addition of a shock linkage and lowering the COG just makes it better.
So they went to the effort of putting a linkage on but then ran an air shock on a big bike.
Maybe you'll get lucky and someone on Ali Express will make a clone that you can buy.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
So they went to the effort of putting a linkage on but then ran an air shock on a big bike.
Maybe you'll get lucky and someone on Ali Express will make a clone that you can buy.
I'm guessing you already know about this forum and how their members even got the Chinese knockoff makers to improve their designs:

Maybe if enough traction is created they could get them to make a clone of this frame, but with less laminated metal...

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
I'm guessing you already know about this forum and how their members even got the Chinese knockoff makers to improve their designs:

Maybe if enough traction is created they could get them to make a clone of this frame, but with less laminated metal...
basically a cHiGHnaTOWER

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
i'm gonna be contrarian & say i think this looks rad. the amount of non-triangulated seatpost mast borders on excessive (aesthetically); i might have tossed in a thin horizontal brace somewhere in there, but hey.