Quantcast

Random new bike thread

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
By the way, there is nothing bad with being German if you ask me
Not according to @sethimus , who is always denigrating his home country and extolling the many, many virtues of the US. Sometimes I feel like I should let him come live with me so he can experience the magic of getting "food" from Waffle House delivered to your door, country music, malt liquor, etc...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Not according to @sethimus , who is always denigrating his home country and extolling the many, many virtues of the US. Sometimes I feel like I should let him come live with me so he can experience the magic of getting "food" from Waffle House delivered to your door, country music, malt liquor, etc...
dammit. now i want malt liquor (but not waffle house or country music).

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Are you doing the Putin here? Wherever people that speak Russian (German) live is Russia (Germany)? ;)
I thought that's the wannabe Sultan from Ankara's train of thought. On the other hand they are besties, so no surprise here :agree:

I'm in for malt staff with @jackalope btw

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Not sure if this has been put up but Nicolai has given in and moved away from intelligent design so people can have a drink bottle-

View attachment 175859
This new Saturn 16 is basically what was previously the Saturn 14 ST. A bike that has been in the lineup for a while. They will also still sell you whatever else they've ever made. I'm not sure what you're referring to – the G1 – yeah, that's still for sale. Feel free to unbunch your panties.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This new Saturn 16 is basically what was previously the Saturn 14 ST. A bike that has been in the lineup for a while. They will also still sell you whatever else they've ever made. I'm not sure what you're referring to – the G1 – yeah, that's still for sale. Feel free to unbunch your panties.
Lambda or bust.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Oh okay, but 16 has new chainstays and maybe a larger pivot, wasn't the 14ST just beefed up at the front end, thicker tube and the gusset?
I'm not sure why my panties are in a bunch, I'd ride the 16 but I'd rather a the same frame in 130mm travel, I don't Enduro but am fat and the 14ST looked pretty pissy in the back end. I guess they still do the G13........

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Oh okay, but 16 has new chainstays and maybe a larger pivot, wasn't the 14ST just beefed up at the front end, thicker tube and the gusset?
I'm not sure why my panties are in a bunch, I'd ride the 16 but I'd rather a the same frame in 130mm travel, I don't Enduro but am fat and the 14ST looked pretty pissy in the back end. I guess they still do the G13........
Whatever you want, they will build for you for the right price. Yes, you’re probably right about the specifics of chainstay length or whatever… but it’s basically the same as this was in response to the water bottle comment which I read as this being labelled enduro whereas only the Gx were before.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
What about the Geometron version? They are calling it an S1. I think it's a Saturn 16 frame with their geo and 140mm rear travel.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What about the Geometron version? They are calling it an S1. I think it's a Saturn 16 frame with their geo and 140mm rear travel.

That thing .. is built for Autobahn. Gives me dreams of pins and needles.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
i'm very much down with this bike. simple, robust build, with enough adjustability that it could very well be something you'd hold onto for more than a handful of years (esp. now that we appear to be reaching a somewhat stable nexus of geometry evolution).

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
^ I agree. I also like the attention to durability (well shielded bearings) and the ability to make minor tweaks to geometry with different mutators.

95% of my rides are local and 2 hours or less, something I can do with just 1 water bottle. I will never buy a bike again that can't carry a water bottle because I'm not going to wear a backpack (or fanny pack) for a 1.5 hour ride. Chris Porter's outrage about "compromising" kinematics for a water bottle was silly - plenty of companies were able to get good kinematics out of a vertically oriented shock on a horst link bike, and now Nicolai has done just that.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
i'm very much down with this bike. simple, robust build, with enough adjustability that it could very well be something you'd hold onto for more than a handful of years (esp. now that we appear to be reaching a somewhat stable nexus of geometry evolution).

And Nicolia has been around long enough, your streak couldn't kill off the brand. Commencal is still alive and how long have you had that one now?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Nicolai right now is one of the few bikes that could tempt me away from a GG.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
How do you even get on off that last bike?

What's the first one? Interesting Chromag stem with the paint removed?
I don't know how that guy survives his homemade e-bike with 3 batteries. He said it weighs 75 lbs and the frame flexes like crazy.

Other bike is a ti custom Oscar built last year for my buddy. The stem started chrome, that is all I know.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
^ I agree. I also like the attention to durability (well shielded bearings) and the ability to make minor tweaks to geometry with different mutators.

95% of my rides are local and 2 hours or less, something I can do with just 1 water bottle. I will never buy a bike again that can't carry a water bottle because I'm not going to wear a backpack (or fanny pack) for a 1.5 hour ride. Chris Porter's outrage about "compromising" kinematics for a water bottle was silly - plenty of companies were able to get good kinematics out of a vertically oriented shock on a horst link bike, and now Nicolai has done just that.
I find this to be just so highly variable. Make it a lot hotter or make it a heavier rider (the ones that blow through water) and one bottle can be a joke. But I agree with you when I’m riding and it’s 70 out in the afternoon, I can go for around 3 hours on a bottle.

Here in the desert when it’s warm,err Nope.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

120mm with a de stroked shock would make the untimate downcunty.
Lucky for me I am poor.