Quantcast

Random new bike thread

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
It's amazing how every old skool DH bike pic now looks like it was taken in the fairground's hall of mirrors

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It's amazing how every old skool DH bike pic now looks like it was taken in the fairground's hall of mirrors
My old DH frame with a -1deg headset gas the same HA as my current downcunty.
I don't want to build it back because I fear it too will look like it has been ridden in to a wall at speed.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The adjustable shuttle shock mount 222 and M1 in low setting were both sub 65 (pre 2000?)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Anyone remember what companies truly pioneered sub-65 degree HTA’s?
Successfully?
Some early oranges had sub 65 deg but generally the trend started just after the IH sunday craze of 2008. So Mondraker is a good bet. Intense M6 I think also was sub 65. Same for Banshee Legend but I think it was +1 year.

A lot of the 2009-2010 adjustable geo bikes had sub 65 ha. Demo 2010 also might have been 64. There is that weird geometry site that should have a lot of the old numbers

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Some early oranges had sub 65 deg but generally the trend started just after the IH sunday craze of 2008. So Mondraker is a good bet. Intense M6 I think also was sub 65. Same for Banshee Legend but I think it was +1 year.

A lot of the 2009-2010 adjustable geo bikes had sub 65 ha. Demo 2010 also might have been 64. There is that weird geometry site that should have a lot of the old numbers

specialized.com, so weird

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

specialized.com, so weird
No you passive agressive Karen. I meant this:

Since they have numbers for multiple brands which means less clicking then going "maybe it's this years demo" or "maybe it's this bike".

But yeah that gen demo was pretty early. Though I don't think the first. Intense M6 was a 2008 bike and it had a 64.5 HA. Mondraker Summum was 2009.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
i‘m way younger than most of the geriatrics here which makes me automatically cool
I have to argue no kid who hanged out with random older men was ever considered the cool kid in school. Not to mention those "geriatrics" are your age. Just because some random old man took you time traveling doesn't mean you're suddenly born in 2000 and know all the tik toks. Your account here is old enough a 30 year old Hollywood actor could play it in a movie. You are fooling no one here

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I was trying to find geo on the Lobo, didn't find it
Could be wrong but from memory I think they had a 66-65ish HA (depending on fork). Definitely had ridiculously knee smackingly short reach and a high BB (especially as they only had 6" rear travel) and 17.25 chainstays

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
When FTW had that “variable axle path” VST project going under Sinister I never got much of chance to climb anything on it(big travel mule be like that)
The feeling of the rear end getting MUCHO longer under some circumstances didn’t take all that long to get used to though.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
When FTW had that “variable axle path” VST project going under Sinister I never got much of chance to climb anything on it(big travel mule be like that)
The feeling of the rear end getting MUCHO longer under some circumstances didn’t take all that long to get used to though.
Wowowowow, hold your horses cowboy. Could you please share some more data on that Sinister/FTW project?