Quantcast

Random new bike thread

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Pit-churs are nice, but come on man!

What are your impressions? :clue::boss:
I actually like it...Eric and I went over a ton of tech and background on it ..I don't make a decision based on someone else's excitement being people are always trying to sell themselves and side of things...he's an investor in Atherton bikes...

But my impression are it's fast, rides really good and feels extremely well balanced...but that said I'm not waiting 9 months for a frame....
Frame is amazing and I'd grab one of the opportunity arose...I want to ride the DH bike.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
Head tube and chainstays are too short.
this. universal cs length on a premium frame is inexcusable. being lazy and/or cheap. no idea what they were thinking re: the mico head tubes. did they have to do 2 bad things to offset the one good change (straight tt) to maintain the required level of brand undesirability?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Head tube and chainstays are too short.
Not going to argue on the CS length (size 3 and larger should probably scale up a bit), but I really don't get the HT length griping. It has very comparable stack heights to its contemporaries, bikes that have been well reviewed with no mention of the front ends being too low. Y'all do realize that a 29" front wheel with a 180mm single crown is crazy freaking tall.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Not going to argue on the CS length (size 3 and larger should probably scale up a bit), but I really don't get the HT length griping. It has very comparable stack heights to its contemporaries, bikes that have been well reviewed with no mention of the front ends being too low. Y'all do realize that a 29" front wheel with a 180mm single crown is crazy freaking tall.
That's a good point. Why the f*ck does it have a single crown fork?

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
one look at the grips and pointed down brake levers and it's nope here too

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Paul Aston has gone and made his idea of a contemporary version of nicos Vprocess and on first glimpse it looks incredible. a little industrial in its fabrication but super cool

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Paul Aston has gone and made his idea of a contemporary version of nicos Vprocess and on first glimpse it looks incredible. a little industrial in its fabrication but super cool

I rode with Paul the other day and got to check out his bike. It’s pretty sweet and he goes quick on it.

IMG_2209.jpeg

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland

Maybe you already know this…. Nico made that frame and the 2 others for Paul. He does a lot of custom frames for people and taught me a lot about framebuilding.
Here’s his Instagram

IMG_2212.jpeg

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Maybe you already know this…. Nico made that frame and the 2 others for Paul. He does a lot of custom frames for people and taught me a lot about framebuilding.
Here’s his Instagram

View attachment 197465
I had no idea that nico was involved in/is Egerie. His involvement in the brand doesn’t seem to be splashed about as much as one would expect