Quantcast

Random new bike thread

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yes, I instantly thought of the Equilink when I saw the pictures. However, there seems to be a tunnel above the BB, which would allow for the lower link to attach to the shock. The chainstays attach to the lower link below the main pivot point, as in the original Equilink.
yea, i saw your post over on vital.

caption from one of the photos on PB:

"The upper and lower link are connected by this solid piece."

also notice no pictures from the non-drive side.

given the location of the lower shock mount in proximity to the BB, i think it's unlikely to be mounted on the lower link instead of the front triangle.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you look at the pictures in Vital, the dogbone doesn't appear to be "solid", but a couple of sliding pieces, held together by the three bolts in the middle:

probably adjustable to test different geo or suspension kinematics? if the length wasn't static as the suspension cycles then there's little point to it.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
We should know more before the end of the week. Be patient and try to not burn too many braincells on that topic.
Go ride, enjoy a post ride beer! Cheers

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
^Downtube pad for shuttling purposes is smart. Helped a buddy find a used bike a few months back and like 94% of them are fucked up right where they rest on a tailgate.
Ridewrap does a stick on shuttle guard that is cheap and awesome. I got mine on sale for $10, and should have gotten one for every bike.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
View attachment 161055

Integrated telemetry for regular Joes is an interesting one. I wonder what kind of data it gives. Fast looking bike tho.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
I dont recall any mention of Trek going down the idler route (maybe I missed it?). Just noticed it in Jackson Goldstone's edit.

Screenshot_20210609-061056_Chrome.jpg

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Loic Bruni has been spotted riding a Demo with an idler.
Specialized doesn't stick with a DH bike design for very long. Why can't they find something that works well enough to use for a couple years? It would give me no confidence to buy it when the team is always using different links and then is on to an entirely different design.

Last edited:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Per the Pinkbike article on the new Commie, there is NO homologation rule regarding UCI-raced bikes needing to be available to the public to purchase. That is interesting, if correct.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Maybe the brake squat was too bad and they want to address it?
That was also my thought, this will obviously be superior in that regard. However, isn't brakesquad in certain values wanted to maintain chassis angles?
The pull rod between upper and lower link seems to provide a lot of adjustability. Shortening it makes the whole rig lower and slacker, but also lengthens the rear end.
We need all them linkage curves!
1623318687958.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That was also my thought, this will obviously be superior in that regard. However, isn't brakesquad in certain values wanted to maintain chassis angles?
The pull rod between upper and lower link seems to provide a lot of adjustability. Shortening it makes the whole rig lower and slacker, but also lengthens the rear end.
We need all them linkage curves!
View attachment 161135
based on how the connecting plate is configured, i have a feeling that it's probably to tweak axle path more than anything (given that it just tweaks where / how the links rotate in relation to each other)

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
based on how the connecting plate is configured, i have a feeling that it's probably to tweak axle path more than anything (given that it just tweaks where / how the links rotate in relation to each other)
They can play with the IC as well that way.