Quantcast

Random new bike thread

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
since today's theme is canadian made high pivot bikes utilizing alternative construction - don't think this has been posted yet. purati bikes, out of whistler. ti construction, with additive manufacturing bits:

214449598_781028665890004_5619004279380236944_n.jpg

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
since today's theme is canadian made high pivot bikes utilizing alternative construction - don't think this has been posted yet. purati bikes, out of whistler. ti construction, with additive manufacturing bits:
I don't think this one has been posted yet either.

I think it has some Whistler connection also.

Looks like this.

LAP

Chimp
Mar 5, 2016
“Un bécik Canadien québécois
un Français, canadien-français
un Américain du nord, français
un francophone québécois-canadien un Québécois d’expression canadienne-française-française.
Un bike Canadien américain francophone d’Amérique du Nord ; un Franco-québécois. 100% Franco-canadien du Québec.”

Elvis Graton

:rofl:
Très drôle! Nice looking frame but zéro info on their website other than a few pictures.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
“Un bécik Canadien québécois
un Français, canadien-français
un Américain du nord, français
un francophone québécois-canadien un Québécois d’expression canadienne-française-française.
Un bike Canadien américain francophone d’Amérique du Nord ; un Franco-québécois. 100% Franco-canadien du Québec.”

Elvis Graton

:rofl:
Ouï, can moi also has another grand bouteille of Mersault, sil vouz plaise?

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
6061 is weldable so why use glue? No need for heat treatment maybe?

Pole's idea of using 7000 serie aluminium should yield a stronger or lighter frame if they could engineer it properly :brows:

Kavenz approach is clever: just the complex seat tube is machined, the rest of the frame seems to be built from straight tubing, maybe butted?

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Vee rubber on the hi pivot Intense. SMH. Haven't ridden them but I can't see them being on a level playing field with the Maxxis and Michelins?
I bet Gwin wouldn't run Vee rubber on his Supercars or Raptors? Why he would run them on the 1 machine thats afforded him all those Cars?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Vee rubber on the hi pivot Intense. SMH. Haven't ridden them but I can't see them being on a level playing field with the Maxxis and Michelins?
I bet Gwin wouldn't run Vee rubber on his Supercars or Raptors? Why he would run them on the 1 machine thats afforded him all those Cars?
Because they're paying for the gas money for those cars?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
still a likely improvement over kenda

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Across the board for 50 years, really? I have to disagree re: BMX, freestyle, and some MTB's over the years.
Well, I was being sarcastic but in the 80s was it a GT BMX you wanted or a Hutch, Patterson, ELF, etc. I mean they were good but not the TOP of the pile.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
What’s with the frame bag on the intense proto? Spare rear triangle? I don’t know anything about Vee tires, so maybe a couple of tires to finish a complete run, or just loads of special tools? I’m confused. Is this the new DH way?

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Well, I rode GT's and Dyno's for much of the 80's. But it's true that I was rarely accused of running the best stuff. :D
My friend who was 5 years ahead of me used to have a crazy BMX collection. He was a top-ranked 16 year old in the country HUTCH offered a full ride. His dad says no your playing Football. SO that was lame. But he had Patterson a number of Hutch frames and some proto stuff. If he still has any could probably buy a new car with the $10K mark up. I had a Mongoose so technically you were probably ahead of me......

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Jesus, 135mm cranks, 155 was where I drew the line.
Do you need to have a smaller OD tire on the rear if it is wider than the front?