Quantcast

Random new bike thread

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
i'm gonna be contrarian & say i think this looks rad. the amount of non-triangulated seatpost mast borders on excessive (aesthetically); i might have tossed in a thin horizontal brace somewhere in there, but hey.

I think it looks unreal and probably will ride great but I think one big crash and that seat tubes a goner

hmcleay

i-track suspension
Apr 28, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Yes with the idler on the swingarm it would fall under the I-track patent.

I didn't save the file I quickly drew up in Linkage, but it's uh just a regular single pivot for AS and PK.

Adding the Idler increases the AS about 20% and gives it more progressive slope so it looks more like a Horst (regular singlepivot is pretty linear). The idler increases the PK just a touch, not enough to be noticeable.

The LR is ugly.

I really don't see the point of the idler, other than say trolling the high pivot hype.
@buckoW

The i-track patents don't cover swingarm mounted idlers.
But, Linkage software does use my method for calculating AS with these configurations (and any configuration with a floating idler).

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
@buckoW

The i-track patents don't cover swingarm mounted idlers.
But, Linkage software does use my method for calculating AS with these configurations (and any configuration with a floating idler).
Thanks Hugh! I thought you had all the floating idlers.

Looks like your design will be used on a lot of bikes going forward. Must be exciting!

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I'm interested in the Bright suspension - some tests seems to have a similar feel to when the Trust Message came out, "It's great as long as you want something that doesn't handle like a normal fork and you have to relearn your riding style to accommodate"

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Almost 6k in Oz for a Chinese made frame, the world has gone full retard!
1650716319715.png

Welding the bottom bits in perfect alignment would have to be tricky, I'd think that would be a bearing eater if anything was a bit out of whack, I had flashbacks of my Corsair when I first saw it.
1650716396861.png

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It at least looks homemade, dare I say artisanal? Don't ban me..

Key point here is that $6k AUD is what, about $4300USD?

What's the cost of Yeti, Transition etc etc china made frames? :busted:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Oh great now we have chubby 100ml water bottle by Liteville great for those hot summer days :rofl:

Love how they have the longest seatstays ever connecting to something that has to reach even further forward to finally attach to the frame. Can we make frame stiffness the absolute last priority and make sure there is no space in the triangle? ACHIEVED!

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
it's like the designers were having a drunken design challenge. ie, "lets see if you can make a functional bike if i arbitrarily mount one end of the shock *here*. now GO!"

seriously why?