Quantcast

Random new bike thread

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Why hide the rear shock? Is it the only way to stop people looking at if they use full travel...? :bonk:

The people buying shiny aftermarket shocks will complain. That's for sure! :boss:

I am looking forward to the similar Gambler where the huge improvement in aerodynamics will give riders unparalleled advantage while still remaining UCI compliant. :nerd:

Well done Scott! I just hope you didn't fire the team responsible for the bright color scheme from the previous seasons. :drool:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I love how they make one of the cleanest and sleekest looking bikes on the market and then fuck up the cockpit with the Twin-loc monstrosity.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I love how they make one of the cleanest and sleekest looking bikes on the market and then fuck up the cockpit with the Twin-loc monstrosity.
Yeah they invent stuff no normal person wants but they haven't heard about batteries and sending data wirelessly, it's so odd.
Surely they could design a non replaceable battery that is built in to the frame, if anyone can do it Scott can.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Given all the flak that the X2 is getting right now about constantly shitting the bed (seals dieing in 40 hrs, rebound eyelet breaking, stanchion cracking at lower end), I'm not surprised they shied away from spec'ing it. I've heard the Float X is a solid simple air shock though.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Given all the flak that the X2 is getting right now about constantly shitting the bed (seals dieing in 40 hrs, rebound eyelet breaking, stanchion cracking at lower end), I'm not surprised they shied away from spec'ing it. I've heard the Float X is a solid simple air shock though.
One major Aussie Fox service centre/reseller has stopped selling the X2 Float till the reliability issues are resolved.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Looks flexy.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
New Reign looks pretty good to me. Mullet option, decent geo and a damn good price for the alu Reign 1 over here, 4500€ MSRP, Fox perf elite f/r, SLX no bullshit drivetrain, not bad.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
There's an Ebike Zeb which has a thicker/wider crown to look slightly better aesthetically with ugly oversized Ebike head tubes. Pole obviously spec'd the regular crown to secure the Fugliest bike of the year award for the 10th year running

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Fuck yeah for creating problems we didn't have with DC forks.
I'm not sure why you wouldn't just chuck a 40 on that bike. It's not like weight is a priority at that point?

The new Reign SX comes with a 40 at 190mm I think

1670300054445.png

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I take it you haven't seen some of their monstrosities over the years then...
I've owned a few and ridden a bunch, by un-Nicolai I meant stuff like the unusual tubing, integrated seat clamp, internal cable routing through the gusset etc.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
yea i knew they were a thing. haven't seen many in the wild yet.
That'll probably keep happening until you get over your EBike phobia...
Here's another...
_20221208_213251.JPG

Think of this as therapy

TREK has an even more pronounced bulge on the front of the crown of the RS forks that come on the Rail. But I believe those are OEM only