Quantcast

Random new bike thread

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
[FULL VOLUME Y'all]

Pretty much ride mine exclusively uphill blasting this...
from my bike mounted super speaker barging all you plebs on your "clockworks" OUTA MA FUKIN WAY !!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Where I live. Only these...

View attachment 186022
Luckily only have to look after one similar to that at work, what an absolute turd sandwich of a machine it is(but better than a Dieci).
If you have an electrical issue/fire, you jump out, try to turn the isolator off then realize you need the key out of the ignition to open a flap to get to the isolator, hahaha!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Chromag launched a new 120/150 bike. Certainly not for everyone but I like the idea of a 30mm longer fork. I have always ended setting up my bikes like this and dealing with the compromised geometry. The price made me spit take before I realized it was in Canucklestani Pesos. Looks like a 158/170mm model is in the works.

1670895438066.png

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Chromag launched a new 120/150 bike. Certainly not for everyone but I like the idea of a 30mm longer fork. I have always ended setting up my bikes like this and dealing with the compromised geometry. The price made me spit take before I realized it was in Canucklestani Pesos. Looks like a 158/170mm model is in the works.

View attachment 186212
If it's steel it kicks ass.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

View attachment 186212
Is it 650b so you can mullet it and make it 120-120?

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
That Darco looks absolutely amazing. I believe it has full-external cable routing.

I swear that every time I ride my Honzo ESD, I think about how nice it would be to have a short-travel full-susp with the ESD geometry and features (slack HA, long reach, short ST, external cable routing). It seems Chromag agrees and released pretty much exactly that kind of bike. I was bidding on Kona eventually releasing a Process 134 ESD (or something like that), but Chromag were quicker.

I can easily see myself getting a Darco in a couple of years. Should be a great fun-bike for my aging body! :)

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
That Darco looks absolutely amazing. I believe it has full-external cable routing.

I swear that every time I ride my Honzo ESD, I think about how nice it would be to have a short-travel full-susp with the ESD geometry and features (slack HA, long reach, short ST, external cable routing). It seems Chromag agrees and released pretty much exactly that kind of bike. I was bidding on Kona eventually releasing a Process 134 ESD (or something like that), but Chromag were quicker.

I can easily see myself getting a Darco in a couple of years. Should be a great fun-bike for my aging body! :)
If you are a short human a Bluebird is cheap, has decent geo, external routing and is 130mm in the rear.
1671265716921.png

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

View attachment 186212
Looks like I'm joining the club.
I have always run a 5 to 15mm max difference front to back, but they were longer travel, what would now be called Enduro. Currently 150 / 135. I want a little more up front. Fork is a Yari / Lyrik chassis with a Smashpot and Avy cart. I seem to be into the hydraulic bottom out a bit more than I would like. So looking to go 160. Just heard back from Avy to see if I need to change the cartridge tube for the added travel and valving for the different spring weight that will be required. Apparently I'm good to go, no changes required, so no border bullshit and no cost. Smashpot just requires juggling the internal spacers to change the travel. Geo will slack out a half degree or so to a Hta of 65.5/64.75 and Sta of 75.5/74.75. That is still a steeper Sta than my last bike. Now I just have to order the new spring and then pull it apart some dark and snowy night.

Last edited: