Quantcast

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Did you climb it?
We didn't, weather sucked. I only spent enough time there for a great fish dinner (holy shit it was good :drool:), nice breakfast (smoked trout sandwich with avocado and pouched egg :drool:) and then got sort of harassed by the cops because of a parking situation (when their parliament is in session, they evacuate the area in front of our hotel regardless if you paid for parking).

I already miss their great nature in the non-touristy areas. :(

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
We didn't, weather sucked. I only spent enough time there for a great fish dinner (holy shit it was good :drool:), nice breakfast (smoked trout sandwich with avocado and pouched egg :drool:) and then got sort of harassed by the cops because of a parking situation (when their parliament is in session, they evacuate the area in front of our hotel regardless if you paid for parking).

Yes, a friendly bunch. With a great road system. I was there early am and couldn’t find anything good to eat. Really weird graffiti there as well.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I hated the touristy parts of Iceland when I was there a few years ago. The non-touristy parts were awesome and charming as fuck.

An old coworker of mine happened to be there the same time as you with a group of people. I assume you weren't there with Jessica B?

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I hated the touristy parts of Iceland when I was there a few years ago. The non-touristy parts were awesome and charming as fuck.

An old coworker of mine happened to be there the same time as you with a group of people. I assume you weren't there with Jessica B?
I went on my own, no group trip - I booked all accommodations, car rental and airline tickets in advance. I am with you on the touristy areas - disappointing. I really enjoyed going fast on the tiny roads in the middle of nowhere though!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I went on my own, no group trip - I booked all accommodations, car rental and airline tickets in advance. I am with you on the touristy areas - disappointing. I really enjoyed going fast on the tiny roads in the middle of nowhere though!
Spent a weekend in in Reykjavik, 5 days backpacking and another mucking about.

I probably walked more in Reykjavik than I did in the backcountry. Cool tiwn once you get away from the tourist traps.

Friend wanted to drive the Golden Circle. First stop was full of busloads of people with selfie sticks. After threatening mass murder we redirected to random driving around up the west coast, cool as hell.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Spent a weekend in in Reykjavik, 5 days backpacking and another mucking about.

I probably walked more in Reykjavik than I did in the backcountry. Cool tiwn once you get away from the tourist traps.

Friend wanted to drive the Golden Circle. First stop was full of busloads of people with selfie sticks. After threatening mass murder we redirected to random driving around up the west coast, cool as hell.
The golden circle is god awful. The by far most interesting areas for me were (besides the Highlands) the northern and eastern fjords, and the desert between Akureyri and Egilsstadir. Skaftafell hikes were also awesome once one got off the beaten paved path to the black waterfall.