Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Our Natural Science museum opens the doors to its warehouse once a year. I went this year for the first time, and they have a collection of animal skeletons, from shrews through to blue whales. They have a pair of moose that locked horns and couldn't get untangled and died that way. :doh::fie:
next time get pics

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Our Natural Science museum opens the doors to its warehouse once a year. I went this year for the first time, and they have a collection of animal skeletons, from shrews through to blue whales. They have a pair of moose that locked horns and couldn't get untangled and died that way. :doh::fie:
this reminds me.... when i was younger, as a boy scout we got to go behind the scenes at the Carnegie natural history museum in Pittsburgh. it amazed me just the sheer quantity of pieces they have in storage. just a fraction of that is actually on display.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
this reminds me.... when i was younger, as a boy scout we got to go behind the scenes at the Carnegie natural history museum in Pittsburgh. it amazed me just the sheer quantity of pieces they have in storage. just a fraction of that is actually on display.
agreed. there is so much stuff that has been in storage for decades. when we were there, they had just opened a crate from the 1930's. It contained a fragment of triceratops frill, which they were examining. I guess it had a fragment of skin left on it, one of I think 5 known world-wide. Sounds like there has been debate in the scientific community whether the "skin" was scaly, or smooth. I guess this discovery will be published soon. Made me wonder how many bits of artefacts are out there, not complete enough to put on display, but holding a lot of answers to unresolved questions...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
maybe? its from a shitposting group, and a lot of those folks regularly troll anti-vax groups so it's possible.
That seems to be a thing, not saying they deserve it cuz its not gonna change anyones mind but its really fun to watch the snowflakes melt down.