Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Extra points for having "Stiffee" on a huge sign in a public place.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The first thing I do when I service a bike with a Rollamajig? Take it off. Put a new cable on. Then smash it with a hammer so as to never have to deal with that shit again.
There were some bikes that were just so goofy that you had to, or maybe it was the derailleur, IDK, I had to at one point. Now, the cable actually enters the derailleur under no stress and the rollamajig thing is "built into" the derailleur. It's one more example of how far these things have come, they work pretty damn good now vs. being a source of constant frustration and readjustment in the 90s.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
No. Beautiful, vintage, steel Bridgestone should have thumb shifters, just like the ones my friend had in the early 90s. And he broke plenty of those frames. Good memories.
No worries. Just bustin your onions. Truth be told that bike has XT integrated shifters (The second incarnation of Rapid Fire.) and brake levers are on that bike. They were bombproof, had the most comfortable lever feel, and came with XT cantis. Which in my opinion were the paramount of that design. On top of that is was mated to a XT 8 speed cassette, derailluer, and shifters. Also the paramount of that design. Square Taper Raceface Bottom Brackets were pretty remarkable also.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No worries. Just bustin your onions. Truth be told that bike has XT integrated shifters (The second incarnation of Rapid Fire.) and brake levers are on that bike. They were bombproof, had the most comfortable lever feel, and came with XT cantis. Which in my opinion were the paramount of that design. On top of that is was mated to a XT 8 speed cassette, derailluer, and shifters. Also the paramount of that design. Square Taper Raceface Bottom Brackets were pretty remarkable also.
I think I still have a crank arm extractor.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Fake sleeping for the human to go away so tree shenanigans can commence.
Which is why we have a tiny tree with minimal shit attached! Bucket. Bricks in the bottom. Mini-tree container secured to bucket with screws. 2nd tree in another room, done up similarly.

Three newish cats who like to destroy.

They'll likely still get a bonfire going.