Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
A widely distributed meme that has some basis in reality, but nothing to do with Fex Ex. AFAIK, these did happen (and crazier stuff), but I highly doubt Fed Ex pilots are calling tires "tyres" and this is the first time I've seen this write-up list with the UK spelling. I think this even started off as a "military" one, but whatever, it's been around for a long time.

I took a picture of this one myself, erased the mechanics names to protect the innocent:
Droid 095s.jpg

Favorite one I had to write up myself was "Autopilot fell out onto floor".

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I was talking to my wife the other day; as to what really is the exact rite of passage into middle age.
Fancy sports car? Nope. Hair loss? Nope. Affair with big-boobed 20something? Nope.

It is Burgundy shoes.

By the time a man has decided and actually buys burgundy dress shoes; he already has had a closet full of black/brown shoes in all sorts of shades for quite a few years already.

It is then, and only then; when dress/work shoe-necesities can no longer be fulfilled with brown shoes (in any monk strap, brogue, wingtip flavor); that true middle-age has been reached.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was talking to my wife the other day; as to what really is the exact rite of passage into middle age.
Fancy sports car? Nope. Hair loss? Nope. Affair with big-boobed 20something? Nope.

It is Burgundy shoes.

By the time a man has decided and actually buys burgundy dress shoes; he already has had a closet full of black/brown shoes in all sorts of shades for quite a few years already.

It is then, and only then; when dress/work shoe-necesities can no longer be fulfilled with brown shoes (in any monk strap, brogue, wingtip flavor); that true middle-age has been reached.
I thought it started when your pants and belt were above your belly button...:rofl:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

It is Burgundy shoes.

Sounds like you are just making an excuse for buying another Eurotrash vehicle. :D

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
20190103_181026.jpg

New guy in the neighborhood, relatively new to bikes and riding. I've fixed up his $1000 bikesdirect hardtail with some tuning and spare parts bits, and in return...

The dude turns out to be quite the gifted home-brewer. This is the start of a beautiful relationship.

Last edited: