Quantcast

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
So close, but yet so far.

Oh. You wanted these eggs?

We all know what's blahblahblah...

When ask you r Irish wife to clean the pot after making mash.
20190316_215226.jpg
20190317_110831.jpg
20190317_172749.jpg
20190317_173036.jpg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
It is nice that you let a critter who walks in a box of it's own excrement on your food prep surface.

We wipe/clean/wash our cutting boards and cooking surfaces *a lot*. Just because you see the photo of the cat on there doesn't mean the final product was cooked that way.

Irma God! The cat was sitting on the egg crate! The outer box of the product of which I'm only going to cook the inner parts of!

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I spy with my little eye...

Shepherd's pie??
2# ground lamb. Carrots. Cabbage. Lotsa' potatoes & buttah! Onion & scallions. S&P. Generous shaking of curry powder. Fresh thyme & rosemary. More cheese (the leftover ends/whatever is 8n the fridge) than would be regarded as healthy.

Don't forget the 1/4T of cat butt!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We wipe/clean/wash our cutting boards and cooking surfaces *a lot*. Just because you see the photo of the cat on there doesn't mean the final product was cooked that way.

Irma God! The cat was sitting on the egg crate! The outer box of the product of which I'm only going to cook the inner parts of!
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/toxoplasmosis/symptoms-causes/syc-20356249

Fun fact, toxoplasmosis symptoms include the inability to identify risk.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/toxoplasmosis/symptoms-causes/syc-20356249

Fun fact, toxoplasmosis symptoms include the inability to identify risk.
Haha! That's why I have my wife clean the cat box.

If you've ever had cats, they're teabagging all your shit whether you think they are or not.

Cleanwashlatherrinserepeat.

As a med/surg/cardiothoracic ICU nurse of over 20 years experience, I don't worry about what I'm going to get from my completely indoor/well cared for/fully vaccinated cats.

Carry on hiding under your bed.

VTR

Monkey
Mar 16, 2019
Australia
Am I the only one thinking there is something wrong with society since basically everyone I know is depressed, has panic attacks or has a different form of anxiety? I literally know no people who aren't taking drugs/on therapy or should do that.

Not the only one if I count as holding the same view.

It's cause we live in a world that is warped and now human psychology is not able to hold up to all the BS stuff our "society" expects us to do.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Am I the only one thinking there is something wrong with society since basically everyone I know is depressed, has panic attacks or has a different form of anxiety? I literally know no people who aren't taking drugs/on therapy or should do that.
Let me guess, they all don't own a mountainbike?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Society and corporate america encourages people to have babies, get married, get a house, move into the city, get a job, sacrifice everything, work overtime, buy more stuff, get grandkids, go to church, blah blah blah...

People end up valuing all this other crap rather than taking care of themselves first, which jeopardizes everything, but they can't be slowed down in their pursuit of all this crap, gotta buy and get fat!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Society and corporate america encourages people to have babies, get married, get a house, move into the city, get a job, sacrifice everything, work overtime, buy more stuff, get grandkids, go to church, blah blah blah...

People end up valuing all this other crap rather than taking care of themselves first, which jeopardizes everything, but they can't be slowed down in their pursuit of all this crap, gotta buy and get fat!
It's not the babies or getting married.

Dan Greber has a great book about it called Bullshit jobs. It's literally his anthropology target. In modern world we are thought to derive self value through our work and achievements and according to UK polls 64% of people believe no one would notice if they disappeared from their job. Add to that probably a few % for people who are underpaid, get too much responsibilities because they are the only competent person in the team etc etc. Late capitalism (horse people as above) is killing us (and selling us drugs to feel better about it). Good thing my new job will make me able to afford my old medication.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Not the only one if I count as holding the same view.

It's cause we live in a world that is warped and now human psychology is not able to hold up to all the BS stuff our "society" expects us to do.
Hey but Wealth fund managers will send happy email to their clients that It's good that we live in a new gilded age. AS in you know the times when Oliver Twist was set.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It's not the babies or getting married.

Dan Greber has a great book about it called Bullshit jobs. It's literally his anthropology target. In modern world we are thought to derive self value through our work and achievements and according to UK polls 64% of people believe no one would notice if they disappeared from their job. Add to that probably a few % for people who are underpaid, get too much responsibilities because they are the only competent person in the team etc etc. Late capitalism (horse people as above) is killing us (and selling us drugs to feel better about it). Good thing my new job will make me able to afford my old medication.
Sure it is also babies and getting married. Check out all the shit HGTV is constantly trying to sell you. Watch commercials on any network. They sell you on having to have a family and have kids to be a “real person” and all of the stuff that you get to buy as a result comes naturally.