Quantcast

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Stuffed with garlic, onion, and yellow bell pepper. Butter and harissa rubbed. Atop cauliflower, carrots, and potatoes.

Going in for two hours @ 400F.
20200413_145731.jpg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
No resting pics, sorry. With Mrs. Scrub's leftover Easter bread for the sopping up of things.

Meat pulled for chx salad. Leftover potatoes and veggies for stew. Carcass bits/organs cooking down for broth and pup treats.

20200413_191936.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Getting the front up is no problem, I have to keep reminding myself to "lock the arms", which helps you get back, but balancing is holy-fuck hard. I go every which way and balancing both fore-aft and left/right is impossible to do sustained. I can sometimes get 100 feet, but it feels like I've digressed recently. I can't never figure out what to do with the gears, go harder or easier. It feels like maybe if I'm even further back I can pedal against the braking, rather than a little further forward where I'm pedaling against the front wheel coming down, but then if I do the first thing it's harder to stay up (fore-aft). They said it'd be easier to learn on flats. Tried that. Nope.
Bit of a breakthrough yesterday. Based on all the vids I was watching (and some friends advise), I was trying to do it in real low gears and was trying to bring the front end up too high, trying to balance too far back, where I could still bring the front end back down with the brake, but I had no control and I would run out of speed, unable to pedal. Starting in a much higher gear...like way higher (at least 7 out of 11), I didn't "pop" the front up nearly as aggressively or as high, but I did need a good clean "straight" pop up, a little sideways and then things would go, sideways. Used the pedals to pedal against the front lowering, then "eased back" into what felt like the balance position. Before, I was locking the arms earlier with that higher pop and I think blasting right past the spot. With this technique, it seemed to take a bit of time, as when I start pedaling then I have to "ease back", but then it feels more natural and I was keeping it up for 10s at a time, which seemed like a long time to me. It seemed like it was going much better.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Well, that sent me down quite a rabbit hole. Guess I need to order some books. :thumb:
Yup, rabbit hole for shure.
On first blush it looks like he was for a more true form of communism without a central power structure. Will be interesting to see how he thinks that would work on a world stage...

Down the hole we go....