Quantcast

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
It's any of you have been to Cancun and take the boat over to Isle Mujeres, immediately next to the dock to the north is a little beach grill that has THE BEST grilled fresh calamari you'll EVER eat in your life. It's worth going to Mexico just for that joint.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It's any of you have been to Cancun and take the boat over to Isle Mujeres, immediately next to the dock to the north is a little beach grill that has THE BEST grilled fresh calamari you'll EVER eat in your life. It's worth going to Mexico just for that joint.
They served us Squid in Cozumel.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I was on Isla Mujeres this March. Didn't eat at the exact place you're talking about but we took golf carts all over the island and had amazing seafood at a place more towards the center of the island. (We also had calamari but didn't take a pic of it)
20200228_134941.jpg

20200228_141847.jpg

20200228_135831.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This sounds very, very familiar. I need to double check with Wifey, but I think the answer might be yes. We had really good calamari on Mujeres last time we were there.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
When I lived in Anchorage I used to eat the hell out of calamari at this cesspool of a bar I frequented/worked at. The more I drank, the more I ate.

One day a guy says "You know what that is?"
I says "Yeah, its calamari..."
He says "No. Do you KNOW what that is?"
I says "Uhh...yeah, its calamari..."

(This goes on for a couple more iterations, we were pretty drunk...but I digress.)

He says- "Dude, its squid."

That was the (first) night I stopped drinking.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I lived in Anchorage I used to eat the hell out of calamari at this cesspool of a bar I frequented/worked at. The more I drank, the more I ate.

One day a guy says "You know what that is?"
I says "Yeah, its calamari..."
He says "No. Do you KNOW what that is?"
I says "Uhh...yeah, its calamari..."

(This goes on for a couple more iterations, we were pretty drunk...but I digress.)

He says- "Dude, its squid."

That was the (first) night I stopped drinking.
Uh, what did you think it was? Fried assholes?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

Pleasant Cafe Roslindale.... They make a Hot Pastrami which is old school Scola Brothers style. Its Top Round instead of Brisket. With Potatoes, Carrots, and Onions. They cover the Potatoes in schmaltz. They give you like a half a loaf of Scali Bread (Fratellis Weymouth) to soak up the schmaltz with. You soak up the Sauce (Fat) with the fries...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Your kittens are getting big.
Yes I meant plural! Do you still have the other gray cat?
Sadly no, he was taken by another employee at the clinic.

They are actually all sick :( tests are still pending, but something happened or was passed from the mother. Ours isn't eating and vomiting occasionally. She still has lots of energy and were finger feeding her....can't say for sure yet but praying its nothing serious.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sadly no, he was taken by another employee at the clinic.

They are actually all sick :( tests are still pending, but something happened or was passed from the mother. Ours isn't eating and vomiting occasionally. She still has lots of energy and were finger feeding her....can't say for sure yet but praying its nothing serious.

Aren't kittens just a ball of worms in a fur jacket?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Feline immunodeficiency virus is a bigger problem here. I have never had a foster kitten with worms... By the time they get to me. That problem is resolved.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Feline immunodeficiency virus is a bigger problem here. I have never had a foster kitten with worms... By the time they get to me. That problem is resolved.
I had to de-worm a lot of kittens when I worked at an animal shelter. The quantity of works that came out was at times shocking.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I had to de-worm a lot of kittens when I worked at an animal shelter. The quantity of works that came out was at times shocking.
Here they all get dewormed by the ASPCA. Once when they are admitted. They get spaded, innoculated and all the rest before they get put back in the Community.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Here they all get dewormed by the ASPCA. Once when they are admitted. They get spaded, innoculated and all the rest before they get put back in the Community.

I was that guy at the ASPCA, well St Lawrence County Animal shelter. We had no animal control officer and would occasionally go pick up animals people claimed were aggressive. I did a lot of bonkers shit there for a random college student making $6 an hour.

Once we had the cops call us, a guy was cornered in his garage buy a large aggressive dog and no one knew what to do. I rolled up with a makeshift shield, leather gloves and smock, face shield and choker pole. Two cops were standing around afraid to get close. The dog was growling and would snap at the air if the guy moved. I was ready for battle. I just said "hey buddy" and the dog walked over to me wagging his tail and was sweet as can be. I think the dude it cornered did something to it. Thankfully it eventually got adopted.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I don't remember what channel it's on, but I enjoy watching "Building off the grid". Interested to see your progress, good luck :)
well that's another project, in fact it was the original project of passive house on 1 acre lot.

The "off the grid" is still in the back of my mind and I still check the internet for large parcel of land for sale. Since Covid, large lots are selling like cupcakes for ridiculous amount.