Quantcast

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Terrible pics, but showcasing my constant companion, my one true love.

20201205_202754.jpg
20201205_173518.jpg
20201204_161344.jpg

Cauliflower, S&P, smoked paprika roasted under peppered turkey bacon.

Pasta with broccoli, arugula, lemon juice, lotsa' pepper, fried eggs, shaved parmesan, cherry tomatoes.

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
He would love you more if you used real bacon...
I would as well, but Mrs. Scrub has pork and beef issues.

Allergic in nature, so I just don't cook with them at home other than the occasional grilling.

I don't miss beef at all, but pig is a different matter.

We eat a lot of chx, eggs & lamb. I'll take a good lamb burger over beef any fucking day. Seafood when the mood strikes.

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Fair enough.
I have a hard time with pork now. So, so tasty. But...pigs are smart. Chickens are dumb. Lamb? I dunno.

I fucking love octopus. But...they are smart. Maybe not the little farmed ones, but...fuck. sometimes it sucks having a moral compass.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I raised a couple pigs to eat once. They may be smart but pigs arnt cool. The lady I bought my pig from told me not to get in the pen with it once it’s over 100 pounds with out a shovel and back up. I believe it, they were mean it would bite the shit out of my steal toe boot. I left a 2x4 in the pen and it was gone a few days later. When it was butcher time, dude put out some food and shot the first one and jumped in and slit its throat, he shot the other one as it was drinking it’s buddies blood. I will never feel bad for farmed pigs. Pot bellied pigs are different of course. The second pig I got was a European boar it’s daddy was so big the top of its head to nose was like 4 feet and it’s shoulders were nearly at my shoulder height. Not an animal I would want around. But was it delicious? Fuck ya. sausage for days.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I raised a couple pigs to eat once. They may be smart but pigs arnt cool. The lady I bought my pig from told me not to get in the pen with it once it’s over 100 pounds with out a shovel and back up. I believe it, they were mean it would bite the shit out of my steal toe boot. I left a 2x4 in the pen and it was gone a few days later. When it was butcher time, dude put out some food and shot the first one and jumped in and slit its throat, he shot the other one as it was drinking it’s buddies blood. I will never feel bad for farmed pigs. Pot bellied pigs are different of course. The second pig I got was a European boar it’s daddy was so big the top of its head to nose was like 4 feet and it’s shoulders were nearly at my shoulder height. Not an animal I would want around. But was it delicious? Fuck ya. sausage for days.
See. I know all that shit about pigs. The smarts still makes it tough. Since wifey can't eat them anyhow, they are reserved for out and about for meals or the multiple ethnic whlle in the wall joints around here when I'm out doing shit. Which may happen more than I really want to admit.

So. Delicious.

I've got so. Many. Great. Lamb. And. Chicken. Recipes.

And octopus can be just fucking sublime.