Quantcast

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
If we're using intelligence as a proxy for the acceptability of various proteins then that raises an interesting ethical dilemma or two*

1607228001298.png

*Baby got back[strap]

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
See. I know all that shit about pigs. The smarts still makes it tough. Since wifey can't eat them anyhow, they are reserved for out and about for meals or the multiple ethnic whlle in the wall joints around here when I'm out doing shit. Which may happen more than I really want to admit.

So. Delicious.

I've got so. Many. Great. Lamb. And. Chicken. Recipes.

And octopus can be just fucking sublime.
if it’s from the sea it’s for me! My karla raises rabbits and since we started that we don’t really eat much beef anymore. I think more people should eat rabbit..... and kangaroo.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I raised a couple pigs to eat once. They may be smart but pigs arnt cool. The lady I bought my pig from told me not to get in the pen with it once it’s over 100 pounds with out a shovel and back up. I believe it, they were mean it would bite the shit out of my steal toe boot. I left a 2x4 in the pen and it was gone a few days later. When it was butcher time, dude put out some food and shot the first one and jumped in and slit its throat, he shot the other one as it was drinking it’s buddies blood. I will never feel bad for farmed pigs. Pot bellied pigs are different of course. The second pig I got was a European boar it’s daddy was so big the top of its head to nose was like 4 feet and it’s shoulders were nearly at my shoulder height. Not an animal I would want around. But was it delicious? Fuck ya. sausage for days.
My family sponsored a pig at a farm back when I was a kid and we lived in the Central Valley of CA. We named it Makin-Bacon.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
if it’s from the sea it’s for me! My karla raises rabbits and since we started that we don’t really eat much beef anymore. I think more people should eat rabbit..... and kangaroo.
Moose too. Please eat lots of Moose.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Rabbit is one of my favorites. And goat!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I don't eat cephalopods, because of how smart they probably are. Maybe a bit hypocritical because everything else is still on the menu, although we eat far less beef than we used to due to climate change. Organic everything possible.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I don't eat cephalopods, because of how smart they probably are. Maybe a bit hypocritical because everything else is still on the menu, although we eat far less beef than we used to due to climate change. Organic everything possible.
I hardly ever eat beef any longer. Got used to not eating it from the wife not eating it. Once in a while though, a good burger gets me. I'd rather have good lamb or pork any day at this point. We do *a lot* of chicken. Have a ton of recipe variations that we rotate through, and add more all the time.

Science, get on it, yo! Engineer a dumb as a bag of hammers chicken-octopus chimera that I won't feel bad about eating...