Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
One of my greatest goals in life is to accumulate enough knowledge on any particular subject to be able to engage in this kind of behavior. Alas, at the moment I possess only cursory knowledge of copious topics.
I could drop that on the 2004-2008 Subaru Forester XT and STI, specifically turning the prior into the latter, in the ~2010- 2014 era, maybe Yeti bikes 2000-2005 (I arguably could have been a demo monkey). Since then? Kids destroy your ability to focus that kind of energy into a specific topic.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
One of my greatest goals in life is to accumulate enough knowledge on any particular subject to be able to engage in this kind of behavior. Alas, at the moment I possess only cursory knowledge of copious topics.
The moment you accumulate enough knowledge to engage in such foolishness you'll also have realized that you know preciously little as there is always so much more to master and will leave the blabbering to the ignorant. ;)

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Mixed cherry tomatoes, sweet red bell pepper, sweet yellow onion, chickpeas, mixed baby fingerling potatoes, duck-fennel sausage, garlic, EVOO, s&p.

20201227_174102.jpg

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I could drop that on the 2004-2008 Subaru Forester XT and STI, specifically turning the prior into the latter, in the ~2010- 2014 era, maybe Yeti bikes 2000-2005 (I arguably could have been a demo monkey). Since then? Kids destroy your ability to focus that kind of energy into a specific topic.
I owned almost every yeti in that era.

Now I can barely keep my bike working.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The moment you accumulate enough knowledge to engage in such foolishness you'll also have realized that you know preciously little as there is always so much more to master and will leave the blabbering to the ignorant. ;)
Dunning-Kruger.jpg

I had a boss who measured and trusted people based on their confidence levels. The results were hilarious.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I had a boss who measured and trusted people based on their confidence levels. The results were hilarious.
Are ther other kinds, really?
Eventually, upper management becames all about this

What CEO, besides papa Elon, can *really" understand engineering/marketing/ti/finance?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Are ther other kinds, really?
Eventually, upper management becames all about this

What CEO, besides papa Elon, can *really" understand engineering/marketing/ti/finance?
Said boss was an engineer and should have been able to make their own technical decisions but preferred to just listen to people who told her exactly what she wanted to hear with great confidence. And then when things went from power point presentations to actual garbage results and the shit hit the fan I got to step in and fix all the problems I was trying to avoid all along but was ignored because usually doing the things the right wasn't the easy way.