Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I love the ocean, especially in a storm.
I love the ocean, especially in a storm.
Living on a boat for 2 years I learned to love a (relatively) good storm. My first experience was terrifying but after that I think I had my best nights sleep during storms. Of course that was in the comfort of a well protected marina. In the summer of 2018 spent a weekend up in the San Juan Islands on a friends boat. We were tied up to a buoy in a channel between two small islands. A storm rolled through during the night and we were facing wind gusts of 50MPH and 3-4 waves that were perpendicular to the current in the channel. The boat would line up to the current, get broadsided by waves and wind gusts and was constantly swinging back and forth on buoy line. I know that is a relatively calm storm for most places, but the Puget sound is more like a well protected lake. My buddy was terrified and stayed up all night. I enjoyed the experience, even though it was hard to sleep needing to brace your self from getting rolled over, I felt pretty relaxed come morning.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I really wish the weekend was longererer. Decided we should do some wings. I saw a Sweet Baby Ray's wing sauce, so we are doing a taste test. Next week we are hitting Fire on the Mountain, it's been too long.

PXL_20210125_011918919.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I do kind of a modified forward-facing frog.

Whoa, there's a sentence I never thought I'd type.
Thankfully my bathroom is big enough so that if if I start close I can usually get a few feet of distance before I have to retreat. I have been thinking of moving my Towel Bar a little to the left so I can gain that extra distance.