Quantcast

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
i've got 3 pieces of enamel coated casted iron cookware, newest is ~3 years old, all used regularly, all different brands. none of it looks anything close to that. generally enamel coating on cast iron eliminates the need to season it. you still need to care for it, but not the same way you do with non-enamel coated cast iron.
I'm with the other guys. I've got a couple pieces that look just like scrublover's and both still work great. The amount of scrubbing it takes to keep them looking new will eventually remove too much enamel and expose the cast iron. But hey, you do you.

Also, I don't really care but shouldn't all this stuff be over in the food thread?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm with the other guys. I've got a couple pieces that look just like scrublover's and both still work great. The amount of scrubbing it takes to keep them looking new will eventually remove too much enamel and expose the cast iron. But hey, you do you.

Also, I don't really care but shouldn't all this stuff be over in the food thread?
it shouldn't take a ton of scrubbing to keep them clean. just clean them before they cool. and i never said they wouldn't work.

More like downhill.