Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not sure what got zapped but it was a fair few homes without juice according to their outage map.

Thankfully the stove top can work, but not the oven and I don't think the water heater either without electricity.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bonus when they're going up a steep hill and every second they lose 1mph. :dead: :mad:
Are trucks speed limited anywhere down there? They have some balls with the speed they drive through the mountains in PA and WV.

They are all speed limited here, so when you see them pulling this shit, up hill or anywhere, it's God damn infuriating. The worst is when some asshat pulls out to pass a fellow big rig, realizes OH YEAH I can only go as fast as this other dude and pulls right back in where he came from. HELLO.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This was interesting a few years ago in PA.. was coming down some mountain highway and saw this tipped over hauling truck. Dude slid a long way... Very glad we were at the front of the line of cars waiting to squeeze by.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Are trucks speed limited anywhere down there? They have some balls with the speed they drive through the mountains in PA and WV.

They are all speed limited here, so when you see them pulling this shit, up hill or anywhere, it's God damn infuriating. The worst is when some asshat pulls out to pass a fellow big rig, realizes OH YEAH I can only go as fast as this other dude and pulls right back in where he came from. HELLO.
Limiters = against their freedum

But there are different speed limits posted in certain areas around here based on GVWR > 26000lb, mainly due to extreme prolonged grades and their ability to fry the brakes.