Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
First time I've ever got a response to my reply back. Although I'm normally far more vulgar given the number of these wrong texts I get.

Screenshot_20210602-164346.png

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm open to suggestions. Otherwise I'm asking my wife for the Spanish translation of, "Go stub your toe".

Screenshot_20210602-193540.png

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Ride the lightning. Also, Neuropathic Pain. I had that for a while and it was totally clear to me how people can go crazy and take their own life or something even worse.
Agreed. I’ve had a broken toe for a few weeks now and it feels like I’m standing on a glass shard 23 hours a day. It’s layered on top of chronic low back pain that started in the last year. Drugs and death don’t seem like such exotic options, particularly after a year of social isolation. I’m gonna try buying more music gear and see if that helps.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Agreed. I’ve had a broken toe for a few weeks now and it feels like I’m standing on a glass shard 23 hours a day. It’s layered on top of chronic low back pain that started in the last year. Drugs and death don’t seem like such exotic options, particularly after a year of social isolation. I’m gonna try buying more music gear and see if that helps.

I just spent the last 5 days surrounded by people and there were times I would have smashed my toe to be alone.

And my times I mean most of the time.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I had a very mildly slipped disc and associated trapped nerve and leg/back pain a few months back, so I can sympathise, it totally sucks. Also have had gout and a dislocated big toe and that fucking sucked too.
But nerve shit; you gotta get on top of that shit ASAP. Have you seen a physiotherapist? I am lucky to have some great ones here, and got sorted right out in a few days. The diagnosis of exactly where the issue is is most important, then you can do stuff about it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
But nerve shit; you gotta get on top of that shit ASAP. Have you seen a physiotherapist?
In the past. I’ve been overly hesitant to do therapy in a COVID world. Weighing mobility vs lung impairment risks. Given my medical history, it’s damned if I do or if I don’t. I’ve done enough back rehab in my day to know the fundamentals. I need exercise and some assistance, which is on my agenda now that I’m vaccinated, except for my foot being busted. I’m a wreck.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Neuropathic pain is the worst.
Mine is post TBI.
In addition to the headache I have chirped about I ended up having my toes go partially numb.
I still have some feeling in them, but they are kinda wooden / half asleep feeling. Toes down to the base of the ball of my feet. Little toes are the worst, as they start to ache, then get sharp shooting pains. Massage hurts like a bastard, but does help.

Between the head, hand and both feet, if not for my neuro meds....

If you are having what you think is neuropathic pain, see your doc and get a referral to a neurologist.