Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Really an interesting design with one engine. Other stuff like the space shuttle, once the solid rocket boosters had separated, could reach orbit on two engines (and did it once) and generally I thought the idea of some of the rockets was that with multiple gimballing engines that you could have a failure and the others could possibly still get you to orbit.

Then again, when shit goes wrong with rockets, they usually just blowed up.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Really an interesting design with one engine. Other stuff like the space shuttle, once the solid rocket boosters had separated, could reach orbit on two engines (and did it once) and generally I thought the idea of some of the rockets was that with multiple gimballing engines that you could have a failure and the others could possibly still get you to orbit.

I'm more interested in the reusable rockets Elon keeps taking about. Just refill and go.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Yeah, but I bet he can't put lasers on shark's heads.