Quantcast

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I haven't worn a watch in 6 years. srsly.

I kept breaking the bands off my watches because of my super jawesome bunnyhopping skillz. I kept snapping the small metal bars that keep the band on.
haha nice.

I am just lazy with replacing batteries. My watch from my 3 year anniversary from my wife has just been sitting in my nightstand for the last year.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I've always had a watch fetish myself.

My current watch my parents got me as a graduation gift 3 years ago. Wear it during everything but riding.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
My watch has a Syncros write band from time of the original Syncros time when they were the coolest company. I have no idea when I watched it the last time.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I had an owl land on my back once during a night ride. I am pretty sure it was trying to fly away with me. I felt it grab my pack and a saw 3 or 4 flaps of the wing tips coming around. I came to a stop and watched it fly into a tree, where it sat there looking at me for a bit before taking off.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I haven't worn a watch in 6 years. srsly.

I kept breaking the bands off my watches because of my super jawesome bunnyhopping skillz. I kept snapping the small metal bars that keep the band on.
Simple fix: Loosen your watchband one hole.:eek:

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Simple fix: Loosen your watchband one hole.:eek:
I don't think it's massive wrist muscles that break the pins, its the g-forces on the watch upon landing a massive bunny hop. In which case, tightening it up a hole to keep it from flopping around might work better... or a velcro watch band so its never too tight or too loose.

back to pics...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I don't think it's massive wrist muscles that break the pins, its the g-forces on the watch upon landing a massive bunny hop. In which case, tightening it up a hole to keep it from flopping around might work better... or a velcro watch band so its never too tight or too loose.
I want DW to weigh in on this.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
iirc, I didn't like the feel of loosening it up 1 notch, too loose. Hmmm, I suppose I could have made .5 notch?