Quantcast

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This is what a proper separated bike path looks like:

View attachment 163822
Have you seen the bike paths in Ottawa? Only been twice, but its a blast not having to worry about traffic and only the odd pedestrian.

This is on the Quebec side, but it was such an enjoyable place to ride....until I made a wrong turn and ended up on rocks, on that bike. :D

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Have you seen the bike paths in Ottawa? Only been twice, but its a blast not having to worry about traffic and only the odd pedestrian.

This is on the Quebec side, but it was such an enjoyable place to ride....until I made a wrong turn and ended up on rocks, on that bike. :D

I’m afraid to say I’ve only driven a car in Canada and never got to Otowa. I saw what looked like good ones on the outskirts of Vancouver though. Best ones I ever rode myself were Danish and Japanese. They go directly where they need to go, are really safe and really feel like they have been thought of ‘first’.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

The Quebec side of Ottawa eh? Funny. :)

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I'm still trying to figure out how that picture is even possible. There's gotta be something weird going on the perspective of the camera isn't picking up or is making that layout of the ground look very different than it is.......
Lens compression maybe? Long telephoto + stepped down aperture.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm still trying to figure out how that picture is even possible. There's gotta be something weird going on the perspective of the camera isn't picking up or is making that layout of the ground look very different than it is.......
A valley the plane is emerging from? :confused:

Either way, that plane is grossly overweight, I'm surprised it's even moving, what with the pilots balls being made of giant spheres of tungsten.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Ran out of reusable bags at the grocery store, didn’t want my melon rolling around for the drive home
E9C9E206-CA5D-44E4-B8BB-5F0AD4092951.jpeg

Lens compression maybe? Long telephoto + stepped down aperture.
Precisely that. Probably shot with a big prim lens like a 500mm or 600mm from a ridge or two away, making the plane appear to be on the near ridge, when in reality it’s well behind the ridge in a valley. DC10s are huge planes, if it were near the trees in the foreground those trees would be nearly Sequoia huge. Every major fire an image almost identical to that one makes the rounds.

Don’t get me wrong, those guys fly big ass planes insanely low, but not quite that insanely low.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ran out of reusable bags at the grocery store, didn’t want my melon rolling around for the drive home
View attachment 163859

Precisely that. Probably shot with a big prim lens like a 500mm or 600mm from a ridge or two away, making the plane appear to be on the near ridge, when in reality it’s well behind the ridge in a valley. DC10s are huge planes, if it were near the trees in the foreground those trees would be nearly Sequoia huge. Every major fire an image almost identical to that one makes the rounds.

Don’t get me wrong, those guys fly big ass planes insanely low, but not quite that insanely low.
I find the les compression thing totally plausible, except those trees behind it would have to be absolutely massive. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me, they'd have to be pretty tiny IMO if they are behind a DC-10, not as big as the trees in the foreground.

When a plane like this drops a load, it can climb out at some pretty crazy steep angles...and that's just what they do.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I find the les compression thing totally plausible, except those trees behind it would have to be absolutely massive. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me, they'd have to be pretty tiny IMO if they are behind a DC-10, not as big as the trees in the foreground.

When a plane like this drops a load, it can climb out at some pretty crazy steep angles...and that's just what they do.

The relative size difference between two objects at different distances gets smaller the farther you are away.