Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ah the klamath

basically orgun

cool shit

enjoy it now before it burns!

Fun fact, some of the oldest trees around here are usually above the normal tree line at high elevation on flat spots that are safe from avalanches. They may look like saplings but can be 800+ years old and may go years buried in snow.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Fun fact, some of the oldest trees around here are usually above the normal tree line at high elevation on flat spots that are safe from avalanches. They may look like saplings but can be 800+ years old and may go years buried in snow.
I've seen them!

gnarled up motherfuckers sometimes

actually end up looking like bristelcones frequently after being held over in all kinds of directions

Here it's usually lodgepoles but I've seen some above whistler that look like hemlocks or firs

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've seen them!

gnarled up motherfuckers sometimes

actually end up looking like bristelcones frequently after being held over in all kinds of directions

Here it's usually lodgepoles but I've seen some above whistler that look like hemlocks or firs

When public lands were shut down because of Covid last year I spent some time trying to identify North West trees. Could do a decent job with what I could find around the hood but kind of forgot it all when I got back into the woods. Need to sort that out again.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
When public lands were shut down because of Covid last year I spent some time trying to identify North West trees. Could do a decent job with what I could find around the hood but kind of forgot it all when I got back into the woods. Need to sort that out again.
Usually near cool rocks as it turns out. I suggest taking lots of pictures of them. Just in case post them here.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

So the problem with this tray is that it seems to be a onetime use thing. It is impossible to fully clean and since it is stainless. it does not season properly like my old Iron one. It says it can be used in campfire. But it shouldn't be. Butter and Canola oil will make it flame up to easily. Made a huge mess when used in conjunction with the Coleman.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
This guy has some good tree identification videos. There are not that many to keep track of so even you should be able to have a good overview :p