Quantcast

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
The forecast for the next couple days is... iffy. But this is the first overnight bike trip I've been able to do in two fucking years so even if I just sit around a campfire and drink beer I'm okay with that.

Ascutney, VT trails on tap for tomorrow. Lifts @ Thunder Mtn. Sat/Sun.

#fuckcovid

1632442262108323480384650825680.jpg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
doesn't thunder drain well? or am i thinking of somewhere else
It does. Just kind of waiting to see how much more rain it's actually going to dump.

Am a bit over an hour north of there at the moment. When driving down there will check things out and make a game-time decision based on whether or not it is still dumping. Supposed to taper off around noon though.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
How do you go camping without a knife? :confused:
By having a small knife with you.
From Wikipedia:

Denmark
Owning a knife:

Legal knives: In Denmark, folding knives (pocket knives) and fixed-blade knives are legal to own, if the blade is no longer than 12 cm (4.7 in). Blades over this length may only be legally owned, if the possessor has a legitimate reason for owning the knife (knives for cooking at home, knife used as a tool, an especially designed knife for hunting, a butcher's knife and so on) or a special collector's permit.

Illegal knives: All knives with blades that may be opened with one hand (even if the one-hand opening mechanism has been removed), automatic-opening knives (switchblades), push daggers, gravity knives, disguised knives (belt-buckle knife, sword cane, etc.), knives with two-parted handles (butterfly knives), knives with ready access by the wearer (neck or belt knives, boot knives, etc.) are illegal to own or possess. Multi-tools featuring one-hand opening blades are also illegal to own or possess.[9][21] Owning throwing knives and throwing in private or public is subject to permissions.[22]

Carrying a knife:

Any legal knife (including a tiny pocket knife) is ILLEGAL to carry in public, unless

1. used for work (craftsmen's tools)
  2. used for accepted leisure activity, such as during hunting, fishing, hiking, sailing, outdoor picnic, girl/boy scouting or other accepted leisure activity.
The knife should be appropriate for the task – a hunting knife only for hunting, and a boy scout cannot carry a butcher's knife – also you have to convincingly prove to the police, that you actually are on your way to an accepted leisure activity (no good to claim that you are going on a picnic, if you do not carry food, beverage and a blanket for it). The knife should be carried directly to and from the job or activity – preferably in a toolbox in a locked car/trunk for craftsmen, or (out of direct access) in a bag/luggage for leisure activities.[21][23]

• Carrying a legal knife is aggravated illegal in nightlife, as a spectator at sport events, during demonstrations and mass gatherings – such as concerts/festivals, and other situations where you are likely to be drunk/intoxicated or excited.
  • Carrying an illegal knife in public is a very severe offence
Sanctions – for violating the above-mentioned legislation for carrying a knife in public – are in most cases only fines (normally 3000 DKK or more) – but in case of repeated illegal knife carrying or for aggravated illegal knife carrying, you might go to jail (most often 40 days – but maximum is 2 years). Danish police, army, state authorities and the Royal Court of the Kingdom of Denmark are exempt from this legislation.[21][24][25]

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
By having a small knife with you.
From Wikipedia:

Denmark
Owning a knife:

Legal knives: In Denmark, folding knives (pocket knives) and fixed-blade knives are legal to own, if the blade is no longer than 12 cm (4.7 in). Blades over this length may only be legally owned, if the possessor has a legitimate reason for owning the knife (knives for cooking at home, knife used as a tool, an especially designed knife for hunting, a butcher's knife and so on) or a special collector's permit.

Illegal knives: All knives with blades that may be opened with one hand (even if the one-hand opening mechanism has been removed), automatic-opening knives (switchblades), push daggers, gravity knives, disguised knives (belt-buckle knife, sword cane, etc.), knives with two-parted handles (butterfly knives), knives with ready access by the wearer (neck or belt knives, boot knives, etc.) are illegal to own or possess. Multi-tools featuring one-hand opening blades are also illegal to own or possess.[9][21] Owning throwing knives and throwing in private or public is subject to permissions.[22]

Carrying a knife:

Any legal knife (including a tiny pocket knife) is ILLEGAL to carry in public, unless

1. used for work (craftsmen's tools)
  2. used for accepted leisure activity, such as during hunting, fishing, hiking, sailing, outdoor picnic, girl/boy scouting or other accepted leisure activity.
The knife should be appropriate for the task – a hunting knife only for hunting, and a boy scout cannot carry a butcher's knife – also you have to convincingly prove to the police, that you actually are on your way to an accepted leisure activity (no good to claim that you are going on a picnic, if you do not carry food, beverage and a blanket for it). The knife should be carried directly to and from the job or activity – preferably in a toolbox in a locked car/trunk for craftsmen, or (out of direct access) in a bag/luggage for leisure activities.[21][23]

• Carrying a legal knife is aggravated illegal in nightlife, as a spectator at sport events, during demonstrations and mass gatherings – such as concerts/festivals, and other situations where you are likely to be drunk/intoxicated or excited.
  • Carrying an illegal knife in public is a very severe offence
Sanctions – for violating the above-mentioned legislation for carrying a knife in public – are in most cases only fines (normally 3000 DKK or more) – but in case of repeated illegal knife carrying or for aggravated illegal knife carrying, you might go to jail (most often 40 days – but maximum is 2 years). Danish police, army, state authorities and the Royal Court of the Kingdom of Denmark are exempt from this legislation.[21][24][25]
Based on that it wouldn't be illegal to bring a knife with you to go camping out of a car - it'd be a tool and you'd have a legitimate reason to have it. Unless I'm missing something?

Camping can be pretty damn exciting though, so maybe that'd make it illegal? :confused:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Based on that it wouldn't be illegal to bring a knife with you to go camping out of a car - it'd be a tool and you'd have a legitimate reason to have it. Unless I'm missing something?

Camping can be pretty damn exciting though, so maybe that'd make it illegal? :confused:
I think the issue the police will have with it is that it is a kitchen knife and too long. I only dare to take these not at all sharp outdoor cutlery knifes with me. There are stories of carpenters forgetting utility knifes or similar in their car after work and getting fined for it. :eek:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I think the issue the police will have with it is that it is a kitchen knife and too long. I only dare to take these not at all sharp outdoor cutlery knifes with me. There are stories of carpenters forgetting utility knifes or similar in their car after work and getting fined for it. :eek:
Gsus. Talk about an oppressive set of laws. :eek: