Quantcast

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I think the issue the police will have with it is that it is a kitchen knife and too long. I only dare to take these not at all sharp outdoor cutlery knifes with me. There are stories of carpenters forgetting utility knifes or similar in their car after work and getting fined for it. :eek:
I could understand if you took that knife on a picnic to cut the cheese and salami, or were just doing up some hotdogs / hamburgers that it would be overkill, and can see the possible issues. But a chef's knife used in an outdoor kitchen with coolers, stove and full sized veg to be prepped. It is an appropriately sized tool for the job.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I could understand if you took that knife on a picnic to cut the cheese and salami, or were just doing up some hotdogs / hamburgers that it would be overkill, and can see the possible issues. But a chef's knife used in an outdoor kitchen with coolers, stove and full sized veg to be prepped. It is an appropriately sized tool for the job.
I guess if you have a camper it is fine to have it in there, but I am not risking it when tent camping.
When you buy kitchen knifes in a store, they advice you at the checkout that you should go home with them straight away and not continue shopping in any other store because of the knife law. When that happened the first time to me when I moved here, I thought the checkout lady was making a joke!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nuke it from orbit

I actually witnessed one of those on a trail probably more than ten years ago. Guy did just fine on sweeping turns but pretty much had to come to a complete stop for the sharper ones. It is easy to guess how well it accelerated back to speed.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I guess if you have a camper it is fine to have it in there, but I am not risking it when tent camping.
When you buy kitchen knifes in a store, they advice you at the checkout that you should go home with them straight away and not continue shopping in any other store because of the knife law. When that happened the first time to me when I moved here, I thought the checkout lady was making a joke!
Context is everything. This is in my car camping kitchen kit. For camping out of the back of my car. At campgrounds. It stays in their unless I have it out for cooking. The box is only in my car when going to be camping somewhere.

It's not as if I'm traveling around with it all the time or going out and about with the thing strapped to my leg.

The egg and prosciutto breakfast tacos were delicious btw.
20210926_080313.jpg
20210925_183401.jpg
20210925_175032.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Context is everything. This is in my car camping kitchen kit. For camping out of the back of my car. At campgrounds. It stays in their unless I have it out for cooking. The box is only in my car when going to be camping somewhere.

It's not as if I'm traveling around with it all the time or going out and about with the thing strapped to my leg.

The egg and prosciutto breakfast tacos were delicious btw.View attachment 165277View attachment 165278View attachment 165279
That's a lot of hoopajoop even for car camping.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I actually witnessed one of those on a trail probably more than ten years ago. Guy did just fine on sweeping turns but pretty much had to come to a complete stop for the sharper ones. It is easy to guess how well it accelerated back to speed.
in dirt rag terminology.....not a roots type east coast bike....

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
That's a lot of hoopajoop even for car camping.
I like to cook.

It can be pared down to save space if need be but I've got the room and I'm going to be out for a few days I may as well be comfortable and not miserable and not eating crap food.

I mean we have an MSR whisperlite International that works really well but why bring that for car camping when I can have a much better cooking surface off the two burner ancient Coleman?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
i have come close to booking a flight to chicago and taking amtrak to glacier for shits and giggles...
I've taken amtrak from Buffalo to Denver. 10/10 would never do again. I'm sure once you get past the flats it's better though.

It was expensive...