Quantcast

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle

From the article: Astute observers will note that he is handcuffed to his bike. This is, the Library of Congress tells us, part of Pizzo’s whole schtick: “The Handcuffs were sealed by Mayor Hylan in New York April 24th and are not to be opened until his return to that city.”

This one is fun too:

service-pnp-ds-07900-07962v.jpg

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
How do you like it?
The Pizza? Who does not like pizza? Stupid question.
Or the Ooni?
Ooni is pretty cool. Very small and compact, you can easily pack it into a trunk of a car and have pizza anywhere. They suggest using wood chips which made black smoke and didn't get very hot. I tried charcoal brickets becasue I had some on hand and they were ok but create all that ash after. Lump charcoal is where it's at. Burns hot as fuck and clean. 30 seconds with a propane torch and its lit until you stop feeding it more. I didn't get the gas conversion and see no reason why I would get it.
The dough was my first attempt at a 5 day refrigerator fermentation and it was pretty good. I used bread flour, I think if I use an Italian 00 next time it will be exactly what I'm looking for in chew.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Pizza? Who does not like pizza? Stupid question.
Or the Ooni?
Ooni is pretty cool. Very small and compact, you can easily pack it into a trunk of a car and have pizza anywhere. They suggest using wood chips which made black smoke and didn't get very hot. I tried charcoal brickets becasue I had some and they were ok but create all that ash after. Lump charcoal is where it's at. Burns hot as fuck and clean. 30 seconds with a propane torch and its lit until you stop feeding it more. I didn't get the gas conversion and see no reason why I would get it.
yea the ooni. i'm half toying with the idea of getting one. was gonna ask if you had the gas conversion, might go that route just for convenience.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
After using it I can't see how the gas can get hot enough to properly cook a "brick oven" pizza.
did you check your cook temps with an infrared thermometer?

i did a quick google on it, found some info from users that seem to indicate the propane burner has no issues getting hot enough, but it sounds like there's variation in temp front to back regardless of heat source.