Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I bought a camera that the internet said was shit, I was sort of hoping the negative circlejerkers were wrong, and I think they are.
My brother has the shakes,can't lift his DSLR from surgery he had so I searched for a camera with a ring flash built in.
The little Ricoh WG7 has a sensor smaller than most cellphones, also has no OIS but the ring flash is a fuggin beast and gets the best out of the tiny sensor.
R0010063.jpg

Hopefully it will get more customisable(more manual settings) with new firmware as it isn't like the Pentax/Ricoh stuff I have had before, still not bad for shots taken at 7:30pm on a pissy waterproof camera.
R0010053.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I bought a camera that the internet said was shit, I was sort of hoping the negative circlejerkers were wrong, and I think they are.
My brother has the shakes,can't lift his DSLR from surgery he had so I searched for a camera with a ring flash built in.
The little Ricoh WG7 has a sensor smaller than most cellphones, also has no OIS but the ring flash is a fuggin beast and gets the best out of the tiny sensor.
View attachment 172534

Hopefully it will get more customisable(more manual settings) with new firmware as it isn't like the Pentax/Ricoh stuff I have had before, still not bad for shots taken at 7:30pm on a pissy waterproof camera.
View attachment 172533
Pick a camera, be a dick about it.

With enough light most cameras do well IMO. It is in the extreme situations with low light, fast action, bad weather, etc. where better equipment pays of.
I once read an interview with Sebas Romero where he claims that everybody that has the talent can be a good photographer, no matter what equipment the person uses. Talent trumps equipment. And that comes from a guy famous for using studio flash setups outdoors. :rofl:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Pick a camera, be a dick about it.

With enough light most cameras do well IMO. It is in the extreme situations with low light, fast action, bad weather, etc. where better equipment pays of.
I once read an interview with Sebas Romero where he claims that everybody that has the talent can be a good photographer, no matter what equipment the person uses. Talent trumps equipment. And that comes from a guy famous for using studio flash setups outdoors. :rofl:
Yeah I agree with all that, have no idea who Sebas is though.

Yesterday I got a 1.4X teleconverter and hadn't realised that the lenses I just bought and the one I want don't have stabilisation built in. I promised myself I'd only buy one DSLR and go back to mirrorless but I might buy a new one that is better in low light situations.

EDIT- I think this is Sebas, pretty glad I had no idea who he was.
1645872395741.png

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Yeah I agree with all that, have no idea who Sebas is though.

Yesterday I got a 1.4X teleconverter and hadn't realised that the lenses I just bought and the one I want don't have stabilisation built in. I promised myself I'd only buy one DSLR and go back to mirrorless but I might buy a new one that is better in low light situations.

EDIT- I think this is Sebas, pretty glad I had no idea who he was.
View attachment 172535

He took some pretty iconic MTB pictures.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
That he does. I think flash as it’s place, it’s just not in my camera bag. That dude has some awesome car stuff.

It would seem if you read any camera forums, one should dispose of their dslr cameras immediately and buy mirrorless
Yeah and I sort of agree, but I wanted a DSLR before they are extinct.
In saying that I went Panasonic mirrorless, Fuji Mirrorless then Pentax DSLR and I like the Pentax the most, and it's about the size of some mirrorless cameras anyway.

My Pentax on paper is a pretty shit camera but I like dials and it has them, it pretty much lives in shutter/aperture priority so the front dial is shutter, the rear is aperture and I normally have the custom wheel on exposure settings.
The only thing I really need to look at the screen for is when I am shifting the focus point, there's not much menu diving to do, it's good.
1645910979978.png

I do have a 1.2X loupe on the viewfinder because I did miss focus peaking as my eyes are a bit shit.

Edit, Not having any luck with the teleconverter on the 60-250mm lens, it works great on the 100mm macro.
IMGP1975.jpg

IMGP2181 (2).JPG

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I am not using teleconverters. Good explanation of reasons here:
Ive never used a teleconverter that was worth buying on any lens, the image and light degradation is simply too much. I have rented the sony 1.5x and the 2X and they both didnt have the gains over quality that I had hoped for. Opting for better glass and using a crop sensor will get further reach and better images.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
View attachment 172534

View attachment 172533
1645993292592.png

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Haha. They changed the name of that station to Greene. Except for the column near the outbound exit. Bishop Laughlin High School is nearby and the Kids who go there have a tradition of altering the station name. The transit cops took advantage of someone's mistake by leaving it so they can bust the Kids form Bishop Laughlin or some shit like that.