Quantcast

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Went to an air show for the first time last summer. Way cooler than I was expecting. Next time I definitely need to bring a lawn chair and sunglasses though.
Amazing experience, isn't it? I had a chance to interpret between USMC and Czech Air Force pilots when I visited a military air show in Brno 30 years ago, helping them understand each other when they showed each other a USMC F/A-18 and a CzAF Mig-23. Me and my buddy still talk about that day.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Amazing experience, isn't it? I had a chance to interpret between USMC and Czech Air Force pilots when I visited a military air show in Brno 30 years ago, helping them understand each other when they showed each other a USMC F/A-18 and a CzAF Mig-23. Me and my buddy still talk about that day.
Father is a former Thunderbirds crewcheif. Grew up attending airshows with the VIP treatment. Got kind of meh after a while, at least as far as the "precision demonstrations". Seeing an F-15 yank and bank like a hooligan with full afterburners is still a site to see.

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
We'd go to Edward's AFB airshows in the 80s. Park on some runway about a mile away and ride in on the MTBs smoking joints to get to the showzone. Lock em up to a hanger then stroll about stony in awe. One time jokingly they said the stealth was going to do a fly-by so we waited around sitting in the shade. Maybe an hour or so after the airshow was over some car pulled up with 2 dudes in those air force Raybans and asked what we were doing and we said.... we're waiting for the stealth and they just laughed, said it was a joke and drove away. We laughed too. It was surprisingly easy to burn on base. FTW, an actual Yeti FRO built in Agoura Hills was locked up near our bike when we got back to them. Beautiful with the bullseye bits, FTW stem and it was white. Probably the highlight of the day! Chuck Yeager broke the speed.of.sound to kick things off. Fun times at Edwards

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Father is a former Thunderbirds crewcheif. Grew up attending airshows with the VIP treatment. Got kind of meh after a while, at least as far as the "precision demonstrations". Seeing an F-15 yank and bank like a hooligan with full afterburners is still a site to see.
Nice.

p13549_i_h9_ac.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We'd go to Edward's AFB airshows in the 80s. Park on some runway about a mile away and ride in on the MTBs smoking joints to get to the showzone. Lock em up to a hanger then stroll about stony in awe. One time jokingly they said the stealth was going to do a fly-by so we waited around sitting in the shade. Maybe an hour or so after the airshow was over some car pulled up with 2 dudes in those air force Raybans and asked what we were doing and we said.... we're waiting for the stealth and they just laughed, said it was a joke and drove away. We laughed too. It was surprisingly easy to burn on base. FTW, an actual Yeti FRO built in Agoura Hills was locked up near our bike when we got back to them. Beautiful with the bullseye bits, FTW stem and it was white. Probably the highlight of the day! Chuck Yeager broke the speed.of.sound to kick things off. Fun times at Edwards
OG rm member outta nowhere.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Amazing experience, isn't it?
Indeed, especially for someone that knows relatively little about aircraft. The old WWII-era planes were super cool, but as a newbie I think the F22 Raptor was my favorite. The sound and maneuverability of that thing were incredible. Can't imagine what it's like to fly it.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Any idea where that is/ was?
1966 Airshow at Carswell Air Force Base,Texas. This was truly a “dream come true” airshow.The person that labeled these airplanes did a good job BUT there are a few corrections that is not an SR 71 that is a YF -12 #93Labeled an F -5 it is a T 38. The plane labeled as an A-37 is actually a Douglas (On-Mark) A-26. This is the only time and XB-70 was on display at an air show."

Saw the same pic a few days ago.
This was the text blurb that accompanied it.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Ahhh, spot metering stikes again.
IMGP5997.jpg

Still have to get a proper tele lens, should have bought a normal camera brand so I could get a lens in between cookie cutter and pro.
IMGP5980.jpg