Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Supposedly we have stinging nettles, but they've never caused me any issues. Devil's Club is grows insanely fast and makes passage impossible on some trails after a few weeks. Cow Parsnip grows just as fast and gives you nasty chemical burns that don't go away for months on sunny days.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Stinging nettle makes great tea…and compost. The bud of devil’s club is delicious when tempura-ed. Those huge celery plants seem to be invasive, but I didn’t realize they were toxic too!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had to look them up- According to the Grape-Nuts website, Grape-Nuts "actually contains neither grapes nor nuts".
It sounds horrible, then again we have this delicious breakfast house brick-
View attachment 175405
Did they leave the A out for sAvings?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Stinging nettle makes great tea…and compost. The bud of devil’s club is delicious when tempura-ed. Those huge celery plants seem to be invasive, but I didn’t realize they were toxic too!
it’s really hit and miss, if you break the stalk and get sap on you AND The sun is out so UV activates it, nasty blisters and burns. You can be fine on one ride but pick it up later on equipment or whatever. Similar to PO, but not as well known. I treat it like PO, wipe down well after a ride with something to remove the oils.

I’ve seen devils club in the PNW down in WA and BC, but it’s way way less aggressive. Here it chokes the trails out.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Did they leave the A out for sAvings?

In the early days of Mrs. Scrub and I dating, and one of the 1st times staying over at her place… I had several large bowls of weetabix for breakfast. Not reading the label for it's fiber content proved a mistake.

You know it's love when in the early days of romancing one another, the other person does not mind you terribly defiling their bathroom as they are getting ready for work.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
In the early days of Mrs. Scrub and I dating, and one of the 1st times staying over at her place… I had several large bowls of weetabix for breakfast. Not reading the label for it's fiber content proved a mistake.

You know it's love when in the early days of romancing one another, the other person does not mind you terribly defiling their bathroom as they are getting ready for work.
Several bowls, hahahahaha!
Was it the only food in her house?
They taste like cardboard and keep you full for all of half an hour.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
1650953582702.png

via:
What color is the Moon? It depends on the night. Outside of the Earth's atmosphere, the dark Moon, which shines by reflected sunlight, appears a magnificently brown-tinged gray. Viewed from inside the Earth's atmosphere, though, the moon can appear quite different. The featured image highlights a collection of apparent colors of the full moon documented by one astrophotographer over 10 years from different locations across Italy. A red or yellow colored moon usually indicates a moon seen near the horizon. There, some of the blue light has been scattered away by a long path through the Earth's atmosphere, sometimes laden with fine dust. A blue-colored moon is more rare and can indicate a moon seen through an atmosphere carrying larger dust particles. What created the purple moon is unclear -- it may be a combination of several effects. The last image captures the total lunar eclipse of 2018 July -- where the moon, in Earth's shadow, appeared a faint red -- due to light refracted through air around the Earth.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
View attachment 175540

via:
What color is the Moon? It depends on the night. Outside of the Earth's atmosphere, the dark Moon, which shines by reflected sunlight, appears a magnificently brown-tinged gray. Viewed from inside the Earth's atmosphere, though, the moon can appear quite different. The featured image highlights a collection of apparent colors of the full moon documented by one astrophotographer over 10 years from different locations across Italy. A red or yellow colored moon usually indicates a moon seen near the horizon. There, some of the blue light has been scattered away by a long path through the Earth's atmosphere, sometimes laden with fine dust. A blue-colored moon is more rare and can indicate a moon seen through an atmosphere carrying larger dust particles. What created the purple moon is unclear -- it may be a combination of several effects. The last image captures the total lunar eclipse of 2018 July -- where the moon, in Earth's shadow, appeared a faint red -- due to light refracted through air around the Earth.
I wonder if human pollution created some of the colors.