Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Well he is using the engine hoist to lift the engine. Just not as the manufacturer intended.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
How do you cook them? I have a batch marinating in garlic/ginger/chili paste.
Greek joghurt, turmeric, garlic, roast paprika, chipotle powder, cumin, S&P. Mix to taste. I just let these sit about two hours, then added a chunked up yellow onion and a big cauliflower.

Roast @ 375F for ~ 45 minutes. I ought to have done a bit under the broiler at the end, but was getting ready for work.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I once grabbed an almost empty can of Monster that had been sitting in the car all day, for some reason I took the last sip before it went on to the recycler, turns out Monster and ants is a really weird flavor/texture combo.

Couldn't find an Arrested Development ants meme, so here is something completely unrelated.
1659607275485.png

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Jackson doesn’t have a trauma center, advanced cardiac center, or Nicu. Flights from here to Salt Lake City and Idaho Falls leave the hospital all day long.
Seems like a good business to be in as a helicopter owner/pilot!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Jackson doesn’t have a trauma center, advanced cardiac center, or Nicu. Flights from here to Salt Lake City and Idaho Falls leave the hospital all day long.
That's what happened with me in Park City the other week. They didn't have the facilities required so needed to offload me down to SLC. Not sure what my ambulance ride is going to end up costing, but thankfully less than a heli.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Seems like a good business to be in as a helicopter owner/pilot!
Pretty complex if you want to do it and make money, you probably need 3 crews (usually consists of at least 3 people), mechanic, hangar space, an extra engine at 1 million for swapping purposes, consumables and fuel, training, medical equipment, etc. You use a semi-educated estimator for residual value for the hull like 10 years down the line and subtract that from purchase price. Insurance. We ran the numbers as a project in school and back then it was 3-5K per day to operate, meaning it just can't sit there, it has to be making trips to break even, or generate more than 3-5K per day in revenue. I'm sure those numbers are at least double now, more like 10K or more. This is one reason why the transport patients by helicopter for non-required medical situations, so they can bill the time. There's been more cracking down on this in recent years thankfully, but it is definitely a thing.