Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Thought i had uploaded this one, that's a house floating up the river in Nome:
1663476857522.png

That particular embankment is usually 20-30 feet down to the water, for perspective. I've driven across there many times.

It looks like the communities around Nome and the Norton Sound are being hit the hardest. Remnants of a tropical storm, still formed up like a hurricane, massive sea swell.

Thought i had uploaded this one, that's a house floating up the river in Nome:
View attachment 182079

That particular embankment is usually 20-30 feet down to the water, for perspective. I've driven across there many times.

It looks like the communities around Nome and the Norton Sound are being hit the hardest. Remnants of a tropical storm, still formed up like a hurricane, massive sea swell.
Here be the future.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Quick paddle a couple weeks ago.
Well worn site, with a couple of tables built by the spring fishing crowd. They always come in handy. And as an added bonus... a pic-a-nic table. In 40 years of paddling, I have come across less than a handful of picnic tables - Who the hell would haul one into the bush?
The kids got spoiled big time.

SiR and Winisk.jpg

Hammerhead.jpg

Viperene.jpg

20220901_154319.jpg

Lake.jpg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Quick paddle a couple weeks ago.
Well worn site, with a couple of tables built by the spring fishing crowd. They always come in handy. And as an added bonus... a pic-a-nic table. In 40 years of paddling, I have come across less than a handful of picnic tables - Who the hell would haul one into the bush?
The kids got spoiled big time.
Perfect time of the year for a paddle. Are they on their phones?! :)

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Was planning on being in idaho but my friend I was going to go with just bailed. He put an offer in on a house so priorities I guess. I'm just sitting here watching the daily sky apocalypse and recovering from air cancer.
Damn, shit happens eh? Looking clear now down there now! We've had a bit of smoke and the last 2 weekends we managed to get to sucker holes for some good moto. Last weekend the hucks were full on psychedelia so the colors were awesome with the clear air.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Was planning on being in idaho but my friend I was going to go with just bailed. He put an offer in on a house so priorities I guess. I'm just sitting here watching the daily sky apocalypse and recovering from air cancer.
Are they still running the races after that fatal crash?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
At least since I've been here they've always canceled the rest of the event when someone dies. Which happens regularly.
Not always the case. It's up to the organizers, but it's generally not a good idea to continue an event after such an event. The whole aspect from the regulatory side is usually protecting the public, however, in recent times they've added more for the performers too, like crash-response times and other aspects. Still, primary aspect is protecting non-performers.