Quantcast

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Went hunting. For trees!
White Pine, Cedar and Larch.

View attachment 183452View attachment 183453
Wow beautiful trees. Remember all of them actually take really well to pruning if you want to keep them small in size and maybe a little interesting in shapes for something to catch the eye. There are some amazing conifer nurseries in the US if you ever want to bring in something special like some that turn yellow in winter.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
uneducated peeps tapping into canbus is taboo since the harness has reference voltages in every circuit for diagnostic purposes. instead of actually running a standalone harness with fuses and relays for additional draws they have been bumping up fuses and overloading stock circuits and wiring gauges causing electrical fires. too many light bars, winches, radios and chargers on circuits that were never meant for those draws.

uneducated peeps tapping into canbus is taboo since the harness has reference voltages in every circuit for diagnostic purposes. instead of actually running a standalone harness with fuses and relays for additional draws they have been bumping up fuses and overloading stock circuits and wiring gauges causing electrical fires. too many light bars, winches, radios and chargers on circuits that were never meant for those draws.
I was just wondering about that particular photo and how the remains could possibly reveal the cause of the fire. I have looked at the wiring in the Sprinter and simply won't touch it.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I was just wondering about that particular photo and how the remains could possibly reveal the cause of the fire. I have looked at the wiring in the Sprinter and simply won't touch it.
Depending on the year of your sprinter I would almost guarantee it's a full CANbus system as well. IF and when you want to add power somewhere, think ahead for future needs and run enough wire for what you need, and keep all those circuits isolated and a stand-alone system. There is a plethora of after market switching systems on amazon that have switches, fuses and relays all combined for you to just tap into your battery direct and steer clear of the stock harnesses.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Started in 2019, full production in jan of 21

• The Chrysler brand is part of Fiat Chrysler, which merged with the parent company of the Peugeot brand in 2021 to create a new company called Stellantis.
  • Brands under the Fiat Chrysler umbrella include Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Ram, Alfa Romeo, Abarth, Lancia, and Maserati.

Depending on the year of your sprinter I would almost guarantee it's a full CANbus system as well. IF and when you want to add power somewhere, think ahead for future needs and run enough wire for what you need, and keep all those circuits isolated and a stand-alone system. There is a plethora of after market switching systems on amazon that have switches, fuses and relays all combined for you to just tap into your battery direct and steer clear of the stock harnesses.
There's a direct battery connection under the driver seat which is difficult to access and identify. I wanted a lighter outlet that was always on, finally had the dealer install it. I trust their mechanics. At some point I'll pull the seat and see where they made the power connection.