Quantcast

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I did those in the 90s.

We called the beach. The fucking beach. With an ocean. Outside. Not some stupid ass bleach bath that you're going to forget is there at 2am.

The whole point of a Costa Rica vacation at this point is Jungle and Beach.
However, given the choice of a bungalo swim out or being packed into a 6 story rat cage...I'll take the risk of a unplanned midnight swim. :rofl:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
back in my day we slept on the beach! We were cold and had sand in our ass cracks and we liked it!
Do I get any points for ww rafting into a lodge in the middle of the jungle without electricity to do a hike into an indigenous native village 20 odd years ago?

Nah, didn't think so.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got it, we'll all reconfigure to follow your lifestyle and the resultant attitude. :D
One must be hardcore when visiting international beach destinations. I just bring cardboard to sleep on when I summer in Ibiza. It lets the locals know you are serious when you regale them with stories of the hand cranked windows on your toy hauler.

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
The whole point of a Costa Rica vacation at this point is Jungle and Beach.
However, given the choice of a bungalo swim out or being packed into a 6 story rat cage...I'll take the risk of a unplanned midnight swim. :rofl:
I’ll just go ahead and assume you’ll both be naked most of the time. . . So midnight swim shouldn’t be a big deal.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Too expensive. I can afford the Bass. Just not the amp I want and the bass. Hard pass.
Choices can be hard. Ric’s are gorgeous and sound fairly unique, but they can suck to play and maintain. Mine is a common color, so it was reasonably priced, but I can only play it occasionally. I don’t know if it’d ever be my main player.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Love Antonovs. Was a highlight seeing the 124 and 225 in 2020.

My plane parked next to the AN-225 in Dulles when international flights were unloaded onto those weird scissor lift buses. Not often you can be in a 747 and feel like you are in a tiny airplane in comparison. The AN-124s are a pretty common site flying around here.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Choices can be hard. Ric’s are gorgeous and sound fairly unique, but they can suck to play and maintain. Mine is a common color, so it was reasonably priced, but I can only play it occasionally. I don’t know if it’d ever be my main player.
They let me take it home. It is very heavy, and I can only play it sitting down. I was not able to get it to sound the way I wanted it to with the Peavy. I have much to learn.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My plane parked next to the AN-225 in Dulles when international flights were unloaded onto those weird scissor lift buses. Not often you can be in a 747 and feel like you are in a tiny airplane in comparison. The AN-124s are a pretty common site flying around here.
Haven't flown into/out of Dulles for a long time, don't they have them anymore?