Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They succeeded at designing something that's too big and too small at the same time.
Lexon Paradox

[ show mystery car hidden under a white sheet blowing from the breeze of an interior fan ]
Announcer: Can a single luxury car be both the most spacious and the most compact on the market? Lexon asks you to consider a paradox.

Female Voiceover: Paradox..

Announcer: Introducing the all-new Lexon Paradox. Smaller than the competition, yet bigger.

Female Voiceover: We are through the looking glass..

[ show two groups of Lexon engineers standing on opposite sides of the screen ]
Announcer: This remarkable automobile is the synthesis of the work of two teams of Lexon engineers. Team A was asked to decrease the size of Lexon’s most popular model.. while Team B searched for ways to make it bigger.

Announcer: While one team made Paradox the most expensive car in the world.. another made it the most affordable.

Announcer: One designed the Paradox to be an elegant, white luxury Sedan.

Female Voiceover: White Sedan..

Announcer: The others, a sporty red Coupe.

Female Voiceover: Red Coupe..

Announcer: One team gave it incredible stopping power.. the other gave it no brakes of any kind.

Announcer: One team was asked to give the Paradox four doors.. another designed it to have only two.. while still another gave it six doors.. and the final team, one gigantic all-purpose door.

Female Voiceover: One.. big.. door..

Announcer: And, while one team gave the Paradox dual airbags.. another designed it to shatter on impact, throwing passengers up to 300 yards.

Female Voiceover: Very, very dangerous..

Announcer: The new Paradox. The best car money can buy.

Female Voiceover: Or is it.. the worst?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That Santa Cruz has been out for a while, we've seen a few of them on the roads. There's also the Honda Ridgeline and the Ford Maverick which are in the same trucklet category.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Lexon Paradox

[ show mystery car hidden under a white sheet blowing from the breeze of an interior fan ]
Announcer: Can a single luxury car be both the most spacious and the most compact on the market? Lexon asks you to consider a paradox.

Female Voiceover: Paradox..

Announcer: Introducing the all-new Lexon Paradox. Smaller than the competition, yet bigger.

Female Voiceover: We are through the looking glass..

[ show two groups of Lexon engineers standing on opposite sides of the screen ]
Announcer: This remarkable automobile is the synthesis of the work of two teams of Lexon engineers. Team A was asked to decrease the size of Lexon’s most popular model.. while Team B searched for ways to make it bigger.

Announcer: While one team made Paradox the most expensive car in the world.. another made it the most affordable.

Announcer: One designed the Paradox to be an elegant, white luxury Sedan.

Female Voiceover: White Sedan..

Announcer: The others, a sporty red Coupe.

Female Voiceover: Red Coupe..

Announcer: One team gave it incredible stopping power.. the other gave it no brakes of any kind.

Announcer: One team was asked to give the Paradox four doors.. another designed it to have only two.. while still another gave it six doors.. and the final team, one gigantic all-purpose door.

Female Voiceover: One.. big.. door..

Announcer: And, while one team gave the Paradox dual airbags.. another designed it to shatter on impact, throwing passengers up to 300 yards.

Female Voiceover: Very, very dangerous..

Announcer: The new Paradox. The best car money can buy.

Female Voiceover: Or is it.. the worst?
The Homer.

250px-The_Homer.png

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
How about a 2000hp twin turbo version that can pull a trailer?

I've always loved the early (pre 73) el Camino and my first car was almost a '59 that would have been way over my head as a project. The UTE's I saw my last trip down under spoke to me. That last year of the Commodore is stunning in 2 door, 4 door and especially as a UTE. With LS power, yes please.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Parkingtrainor

Using a CO2 laser, slices of portions of parked vehicles that go outside of marked parking space, are on sidewalk, or blocking pedestrian walkway, road, or driveway. Suppresses any resultant combustion, separates, compacts and bricks (SCBs) removed sections. SCBs double-parked vehicles as specified above.
I've always thought about this for stop-signs and intersections. You don't stop at the right place, it chops that part of your car off.

There was the time I just gave up trying to avoid a car that pulled ahead in front of me, with my studded tires. Boy was that guy pissed he ran the stop-sign...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Where I live another big parking issue is people who selfishly take up more space than needed on city streets, effectively taking up two or sometime three spaces by not pulling up to the crosswalk, pulling in too far, etc. (We live on a block that can accommodate 5 guys but sometimes you can't get more than 3.) These self-centered bastards are the same people who complain about the lack of readily-available parking. Just one more symptom of the decline of civilization. (Pic for fun. I've never done this but I sure have thought about it.)

selfish-idiotic-parking-1024x576.jpg

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
My buddy lived near a preschool in a neighborhood. Said preschool tried to claim a bunch of street parking and always left notes on cars. So one day they had graduation or some shit and these asshole parents parked illegally all over the place. So we wrote all these awful notes. Full of curse words and anti Jesus stuff because it was a Christian place. I remember one said “I hope Jesus kicks you in the cunt” anyways so we sat back to watch, which was taking way too long. So I called them on the phone and told em a tow truck was here snatching up cars. That worked well as here comes a bunch of scurrying mothers to rescue their vehicles. Which they moved and found the notes. Saw a couple of them stomping back notes in hand with angry faces. At the time I was quite satisfied with myself and my buddies girlfriend never got a nasty note again. But I’ve grown as a person and have changed or maybe I just got old, in any case that was the old me and I’m not really proud of who I used to be.