Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
little known fact: that head can be seen in various locations around nevada. This was a rare calm wind day when the head could maintain altitude on the face of the dam and not be blown over the boulder city bike trails. It typically follows the seasonal winds and is usually seen in far less known locales.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The head must only come with the rare East Winds.
Speaking of, holy shit, I have never ‘camped’ (back of my truck with topper) anywhere as windy as a night at the BC trailhead. Just fucking HOWLING.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The head must only come with the rare East Winds.
Speaking of, holy shit, I have never ‘camped’ (back of my truck with topper) anywhere as windy as a night at the BC trailhead. Just fucking HOWLING.
I slept up in those canyons off to the left of the shuttle route one week with Jed the nurse and I kept jumping out of my tent because the sage was rubbing itself so violently it sounded like footsteps :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Haha, I thought you meant Jed was rubbing himself so violently.
Not saying he wasn't. He was holed up in his old minivan with a 'buddy' from flagstaff.

I haven't talked to him in years. Last I knew he was doing anesthesia in the foothills about an hour from here making babies and buying a house. I need to call him and catch up. He called me about an hour after spine surgery years ago and I couldn't even tell you what we talked about.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The red light means the power is on.

View attachment 187263
That's awesome, I hope to see that happen one day.
Wonder what's going on with the little lug that doesn't look crimped? Seems odd to go for a connection through a stainless nut rather than the copper bar, guess it's low power so it shouldn't matter.
Had to go to a battery that had spat some lead out of a terminal yesterday.
IMG_20230105_084803.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
the shit you post :rofl:

You might be the most dangerous living person on ridemonkey
Haha, nah, but as a small company we are one of the last that leave all the safety stuff up to the person doing the job, we don't fill any paperwork out before undertaking a "dangerous" job, it's great.

Seems in the holidays we have a small snake that has started living under the slab at our workshop's front door, I am fine with it but we'll see how the office lady goes with her open toe shoes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Haha, nah, but as a small company we are one of the last that leave all the safety stuff up to the person doing the job, we don't fill any paperwork out before undertaking a "dangerous" job, it's great.

Seems in the holidays we have a small snake that has started living under the slab at our workshop's front door, I am fine with it but we'll see how the office lady goes with her open toe shoes.
Is it some sort of Australian Murder Adder? :D

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Is it some sort of Australian Murder Adder? :D
Nah she's from New Zooland.

Oh the snake, nah it's harmless- The Marsh Snake is a venomous species of Elapid Snake. It has front facing fangs and has venom which cause symptoms ranging from nausea, headaches, severe local pain, swelling and muscle soreness. Its venom features procoagulants.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, there was a point. I just dug Wednesday because she is a total badass. But her character is supposed to be a teenage girl. I generally really don’t like talking much to teenage girls. (And vice-versa) Blech.