Quantcast

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That's downstream of the Caldor fire if you remember that fire name in the news. It's a pretty bad indication of what's going on upstream.

They let that loose once the dam started spilling so that it could go downstream all at once in a more violent manner.
That has got to be some historic amount of sediment going into that river system? :(

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
That's downstream of the Caldor fire if you remember that fire name in the news. It's a pretty bad indication of what's going on upstream.

They let that loose once the dam started spilling so that it could go downstream all at once in a more violent manner.
Ugh, good luck. I experienced a few major floods back in Yurp, no bueno.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That has got to be some historic amount of sediment going into that river system? :(
This is the 2nd winter on that particular fire so not as bad as it could be. Dams are sediment settlement basins anyway so yes, but not as bad as a free running river.

Ugh, good luck. I experienced a few major floods back in Yurp, no bueno.
I'm well upstream of that mess fortunately. Some of the people who lost their homes two years ago aren't however....

Central valley is gonna be a mess come tuesday.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Why did people release Taro in Australian waterways? 'twas another afternoon of singing "Don't Call Me White" to myself, yay white Australia, so smart!
IMG_20230108_160816.jpg

Got two barrows and the stuff down the bank.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There is such a thing as disassembly and inspection...
It's much easier to do nothing and ignore them.

I think I might have had then checked when I did the front brakes a few years ago and if I recall, they were fine. I need to do the fronts again, so will check them again.