Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's much easier to do nothing and ignore them.

I think I might have had then checked when I did the front brakes a few years ago and if I recall, they were fine. I need to do the fronts again, so will check them again.
My '94 Silverado had what I suspect to be the OE rear shoes when I scraped it a couple years back at 210k miles. :rofl:

What's funny is I bought shoes to replace them and never did. Will be interesting to see if they go on my '08 at some point. They are the same part number, but I'm not sure I will ever wear through the OE's. I replaced the front pads and rotors last year.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Downloading at a few KB/s and having the phone line drop before your download finished seems like a lifetime ago...

Screenshot 2023-01-09 105217.jpg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
This snow wall popped up last night. We're supposed to go sledding today and there are no directions in the airbnb on how to deal with this? Who do we call?
Why, you call the AirBnB owner. 'Cause that is some BULLSHIT right there. Next thing you know, they're going to want me to wash the sheets and put them back on the beds when I'm done with my rental... :disgust:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Can't tell if that's a cop, did the unburied car have an occupant?
Either a cop or other county employee. Probably just writing an incident report on broken county equipment, and maybe a citation once they can read the vin or plate number.

There's no one in there, otherwise the place I saw it would have had a very different story attached to it other than "don't abandon your car on the side of the road dumbasses"

That's the just accumulated plow passes.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Either a cop or other county employee. Probably just writing an incident report on broken county equipment, and maybe a citation once they can read the vin or plate number.

There's no one in there, otherwise the place I saw it would have had a very different story attached to it other than "don't abandon your car on the side of the road dumbasses"

That's the just accumulated plow passes.
That said, if you were in the middle of an insane snowstorm, couldn’t move or drive, and would be in jeopardy if you stayed in the vehicle, not sure what else you should do. Yeah, call a tow truck, and possibly the county non-emergency line, but tow trucks might not be moving, either. Probably best option is what they did, get it as far the fuck over as you could, and come back later.
Kind of unusual circumstances.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Man, that is bonkers. Must be fun running the blower when you drive into buried sedans.
Happens pretty frequently. Then everyone else doesn't get shit cleared for weeks while they fix equipment.

Every once in a blue moon someone's kid gets caught playing in the 'snow cave' they built in the berm. As loud as those things are and as much as they shake the ground when approaching, even then you should fucking know better. Even at 6.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
nah, most of them really are masked elders of zion shit
Yeah, but those conspiracy theories didn’t have the traction that they do now. Conspiracy theories used to be all “the truth is out there”, and now they’re all “the global elite are eating babies, and Bill Gates is altering your DNA”.