Quantcast

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Of course it is, the whole space program is fake.

View attachment 187692

F-4 Phantom chasing a Gemini rocket to take images of it at Max Q (maximum aerodynamic pressure)
Some Google-Fu revealed this:

Incredible Space Shuttle Picture: Is it Real?
This fantastic — or perhaps fantastical — image of a space shuttle launching through the clouds has been getting a lot of comments on the social media circuits. But is it real?

No, it is a composite of two different images put together by photographer Richard Silvera.
“The picture of the sky and clouds was taken by me from an airplane,” Silvera wrote on his website, “and the shuttle is a picture from NASA. Then the assembly was done in Photoshop & Lightroom.”
While this is a beautiful image, as some have commented on the G+ Space Community, there are several tell-tail signatures that this image could never have been taken. The shuttle did not launch perfectly vertical (roll program starts shortly after launch, about 10 seconds after main engine ignition), and with the restrictions on aircraft being in the area during a launch, no one could have had this perspective and been so close as to take a picture like this.

Source: https://www.universetoday.com/99768/incredible-space-shuttle-picture-is-it-real/

Even the longest lens couldn't get that pic from a distance, especially with atmospheric disturbances.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
What kind of authentic is that?
It is beef tenderloin medallions, mashed potatoes, wilted spinach and artichokes. I would hate to pigeon hole something like this and would guess it’s authentic roadrunner grill creation. Next time I’ll get asparagus instead of the artichoke hearts.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
To be fair JM also argued at one time that were were not that many good trails in tahoe and that 'log rides' were all he found.
Where have I ever said that? Hell I don't remember any log-rides on the N or S shore.

What does kinda suck is the 50 corridor and some of the other spots where there really should be a hell of a lot more good mtb trails. At most it's either a jeep road, clapped out moto trail or something. But Tahoe proper has lots of great trails. Now that my Bro lives in Sac again, I'll probably hit them up in the next year.

Oh yeah, I did that one log-drop at Sky Park way way back in the day...that's a great example of an area with much potential.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
What does kinda suck is the 50 corridor and some of the other spots where there really should be a hell of a lot more good mtb trails. At most it's either a jeep road, clapped out moto trail or something. potential.
I'd say try it nao but most of it burnt up. The moto stuff is coming back first for obvioius reasons but it's going to be a while. A lot changed since the 90s.

Man the threads I just searched...an argument with you about whether or not anyone pumps water out of tahoe to feed reno :rofl:

The log ride thing was like right when I signed up here. I can't find it but you were talking about the lack of burly trails here. I'm going on like WAY long ago memory here.... It just stood out. It was so long ago I legit maybe had you confused with someone else. I couldn't find it searching.

I knew exactly what "you" were talking about because people were building that dumb shit everywhere. But you were well in AZ and not in placerville for a while at that point and always chimed in when tahoe came up. But it was right when a lot of the illegal shit was popping up because everyone knew dumbass log rides on the ground were stupid, regardless of what wade simmons was doing. Illegal building which in no way whatsoever had to do with me moving here.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'd say try it nao but most of it burnt up. The moto stuff is coming back first for obvioius reasons but it's going to be a while. A lot changed since the 90s.

Man the threads I just searched...an argument with you about whether or not anyone pumps water out of tahoe to feed reno :rofl:

The log ride thing was like right when I signed up here. I can't find it but you were talking about the lack of burly trails here. I'm going on like WAY long ago memory here.... It just stood out. It was so long ago I legit maybe had you confused with someone else. I couldn't find it searching.

I knew exactly what "you" were talking about because people were building that dumb shit everywhere. But you were well in AZ and not in placerville for a while at that point and always chimed in when tahoe came up. But it was right when a lot of the illegal shit was popping up because everyone knew dumbass log rides on the ground were stupid, regardless of what wade simmons was doing. Illegal building which in no way whatsoever had to do with me moving here.
Senator, I have no recollection of that.

Yeah, it was kind of disappointing how there weren't bigger public lands areas in the hills and mountains before the full on sierras, kind of like how they have some of these bigger areas set aside in WA and AZ. Where you'd find huge trail networks all over the place, vs. having to drive extensively in Nor Cal over what would otherwise be prime terrain...to get to trails. But if you live in Tahoe...that's not really applicable, way closer to many prime areas.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Senator, I have no recollection of that.
The log ride thing? You're in good company, cuz neither does ridemonkey.

the pumping thing however.....;)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The log ride thing? You're in good company, cuz neither does ridemonkey.

the pumping thing however.....;)

Pump and drill it.