Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last time I went to the drags at PIR they had a few do runs. That shit is nutty. Wicked fast, though.
between the power to weight ratio and the smooth, flat rubber they put on for a track, I honestly can't think of another vehicle than can put down usable power on asphalt like that. Lots of HP, lightweight, and more surface area than any two wheels are going to provide. I mean I guess I get it.....

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Been using a Deluxe Ariens 10-24 for 12 years. 100% Reliable. Good in wet slop, still can launch that crap far away. What woo is saying is real. When attacking a bank higher than the bucket (21") it tends to lift up. You have to make a few back and forth. For me at $1000 12 years ago it's been perfect. You might want to have a look at some Yamaha's also. They seem sturdy and well made. Haven't researched it though.
I too have an Ariens deluxe 24.

When I did my research it seemed to be a reasonable compromise between the ////////Honda and the really shitty cheap ones. +20% coupon at Lowe's helped

It can really throw snow a long way which was a key consideration with our snowpack.

If I were really going to be using it a lot I wish I had gotten the 30 inch.

An extra 6" never hurt anybody that's what she said.

I wanted it to help knock back the roof-related snow piles around our house as I lost a window pane when the roof slid a few years back.

That ship has since sailed...

But I have a guy who does my driveway and our street, ain't nobody got time for that shit...

By the looks of it I could very well lose the second pane this spring, the windows and siding are on the agenda one of these days.

Kiddos did their annual peak snow level sledding off the roof over spring break last week.

Charcoal was not excited about us being on the roof but didn't want to be left out...

IMG_20230318_130657295_HDR_copy_1125x2000.jpg
PART_1679165773526_PART_1679085884221_image000000_copy_383x511.jpg

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Been using a Deluxe Ariens 10-24 for 12 years. 100% Reliable. Good in wet slop, still can launch that crap far away. What woo is saying is real. When attacking a bank higher than the bucket (21") it tends to lift up. You have to make a few back and forth. For me at $1000 12 years ago it's been perfect. You might want to have a look at some Yamaha's also. They seem sturdy and well made. Haven't researched it though.
A 12 year old one would be ideal. I have been seeing that the new Ariens are shit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I too have an Ariens deluxe 24.

When I did my research it seemed to be a reasonable compromise between the ////////Honda and the really shitty +20% coupon at Lowe's

It can really throw snow a long way which was a key consideration with our snowpack.

If I were really going to be using it a lot I wish I had gotten the 30 inch.

An extra 6" never hurt anybody that's what she said.

I wanted it to help knock back the roof-related snow piles around our house as I lost a window pane when the roof slid a few years back.

But I have a guy who does my driveway and our street, ain't nobody got time for that shit...

By the looks of it I could very well lose the second pane this spring, the windows and siding or on the agenda one of these days.

Kiddos did their annual peak snow level sledding off the roof over spring break last week.

Charcoal was not excited about us being on the roof but didn't want to be left out...

View attachment 191312View attachment 191313
the snow piles around my house have just started generating bears trying to break into my windows they couldn't previously reach