Quantcast

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

(and yes I know how much money is in that area ;) )

did you really get one of those moonbikes?
Nah, I think an ATV (re: self-shuttling some rides in the Centennial and CDT) is more my jam, though a cheap motorcycle would scratch that itch too I suppose...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Nah, I think an ATV (re: self-shuttling some rides in the Centennial and CDT) is more my jam, though a cheap motorcycle would scratch that itch too I suppose...
I've seen guys leave a dirtbike at the bottom of shuttles, drive to the top, do a run, then retrieve a car with the dirtbike.

Seems like a lot of work that a good capable ebike solves most of. Although you can probably buy used quads for the price of a cassette.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I've seen guys leave a dirtbike at the bottom of shuttles, drive to the top, do a run, then retrieve a car with the dirtbike.

Seems like a lot of work that a good capable ebike solves most of. Although you can probably buy used quads for the price of a cassette.
did you just promote e-bikes? How do you expect us to take you seriously, not that we do. But e-bikes?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
If the choice is using two vehicles to shuttle one person because you don't have any friends, you're the perfect candidate for an ebike.
Ya, I'm just bustin' yer chops.
I agree that self shuttle is a great use.
Weight is an issue, but then again its not like nobody has ever ridden a 50 lb dh bike. :bonk:

Hell if things keep falling apart on me, I may consider one in the future.
If it is a choice between riding or not, bring me the fucking battery.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
goodbye fingers,

and thanks for all the boogers!

Honestly at that point, stick a chainsaw on your backpack. That seems overly complicated. I've seen some 6-8" drill handle things like the one posted that look pretty legit useful for some of those heavy sapling dense areas where there's been a clearing and they all grow back at the same time and be annoying. Small enough to fit IN a backpack.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
849C952D-3F9F-46DD-9D62-3C3E624754CC.jpeg

Part of why I got the granite. The concrete fountain failed because of this and had to have a plastic bag over it. Saw a hummingbird drinking and bathing at the very top just before the photo.